Sunday, November 29, 2009

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 242

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

1a.
Staying grounded From: susan janser

Message

1a.

Staying grounded

Posted by: "susan janser" ladyinthcontry@sbcglobal.net   luvssunshinesue

Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:22 am (PST)



This year, like every year, I told my 2 daughters to think of the ONE thing or a couple of small things they really want. But this year I really mean it! This year is going to be real low key. The reason is my daughters and I have taken care and lived with my mother for the last 15 years. Last year my Mom passed away leaving the house to me and my 2 brothers. The house is currently on the market. And if any of you have sold your home then you know the Realtors want the house to be very generic. Nothing on the walls and everything beige! So this year there will be no tree, no decorations, none of my snowmen I've collected over the years. Plus because I'll be buying a new condo there isn't going to be the extra money ( and absolutely no credit card purchases) for presents. This year we'll have our stockings, my youngest daughter' favorite thing and a few gifts. But most importantly we'll have each other.And instead of feeling sad we'll concentrate on the
future. Moving into a new place. Decorating it. And next Christmas we'll have the tree & everything goes with it. Christmas isn't about things. It's about family. And I count my blessinga every day because I have two wonderful daughters! Happy Holidays To All
Susan 
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mom Power

Discover doing more

for your family

Yahoo! Groups

Going Green

Resources and tips

for green living

Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment