Wednesday, November 25, 2009

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 238

Messages In This Digest (5 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Thanksgiving plans/recipes?

Posted by: "Lonnie Labriola" lonnie@backyarddrills.com   lonnie.labriola

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:18 am (PST)



I would recommend a combination of 1/3 chicken,
1/3 beef, and 1/3 pork gravies.

(just kidding - gotta keep our sense of humor!)

_____

From: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Kirstie H
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 2:11 PM
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [mompowergroup] Re: Thanksgiving
plans/recipes?

I posted this message because I think it's neat
that you're doing something different, and I
thinks it's nice that we can all share what we're
doing as a family; however, as we move forward in
sharing holiday plans, let's veer away from
including statements that can easily be seen as
insulting to other families' plans and choices.

Disparaging others' choices isn't part of what
YOU'RE doing for Thanksgiving, and it's not very
holiday-spiritish!!

I've yet to have anything made entirely from tofu
that's been enjoyable, but I am sure open to the
idea that I might not have had it prepared by
someone who's experienced. Do you baste your
Tofurkey in anything? I'm just curious as to how
it's prepared.

-kirstie
Moderator, Mom Power Group

--- In mompowergroup@
<mailto:mompowergroup%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Livernois
<jenlivernois@...> wrote:
>
> Tofurkey seems to bee a VERY popular dish this
year...and it doesn't have
> that "cadaver" taste. Also virtually adopted a
turkey from the Farm
> Sanctuary for my son. He understands the true
meaning of Thanksgiving in
> that it is not what kind of dead animal you
bring to the table.
>
> Happy Harvest Day!
>

2a.

I would like to know everyone's favorite Christmas treat

Posted by: "heatherclark.jp4me" heather@fruitnut.org   heatherclark.jp4me

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:19 am (PST)



If you have a favorite Holiday goodie, will you share it???
I love getting new recipes! :0) We definately have our favorites, but we love trying new things as well.

One of mine is snowball cookies. My grandma's recipe and they are super yummy! I will get it out and post it. What does YOUR family like best?

Heather

2b.

Re: I would like to know everyone's favorite Christmas treat

Posted by: "Bobbie Masterson" petitelove@gmail.com   bobbie_28

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:53 am (PST)



We have cranberry apple stuffing every year for Thanksgiving and it seems to
be a favorite, seems every year someone asks me for the recipe.

A favorite holiday treat is Carrot Cake with cream cheese icing. For some
reason, can't remember why now, when my husband and I first got together I
made carrot cake our first Christmas together and it has become a tradition.
Not a box mix but a real grate the carrots cake. Seems kinda trivial but.

My personal favorite treat is chocolate covered cherries, the kind with
liquid centers (not the white creamy kind, the syrup).

Hope everyone has a great Turkey day.

From: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of heatherclark.jp4me
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 7:14 PM
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [mompowergroup] I would like to know everyone's favorite Christmas
treat

If you have a favorite Holiday goodie, will you share it???
I love getting new recipes! :0) We definately have our favorites, but we
love trying new things as well.

One of mine is snowball cookies. My grandma's recipe and they are super
yummy! I will get it out and post it. What does YOUR family like best?

Heather

2c.

Re: I would like to know everyone's favorite Christmas treat

Posted by: "Kirstie H" kirstie_mo@yahoo.com   kirstiehague

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:06 am (PST)



Oh, I LOVE those! We used to make them every year with my grandmother when I was little, along with other candies, and those were my absolute faves. I'm not sure I have the patience for making them these days (we just stick to the chocolate-covered pretzels), but they're always on my holiday season shopping list.

-kirstie

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Bobbie Masterson" <petitelove@...> wrote:
>
>
> My personal favorite treat is chocolate covered cherries, the kind with
> liquid centers (not the white creamy kind, the syrup).
>
>

3a.

Re: What we are thankful for   --- Karen

Posted by: "Leonor Miranda" danskin123@yahoo.com   danskin123

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:21 am (PST)



For Karen
 I really liked your words --- there are many people that do not understand the poor, they actually act like they are replused by them --- it is really sad to see and to know such a fact.
I sometimes wish I had someone to talk to --- someone that is on an "intelligent" level and has good moral values. well, Have a great Holidays.
Leonor

________________________________
From: Frank <fschoch@ymail.com>
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, November 23, 2009 6:36:25 AM
Subject: [mompowergroup] What we are thankful for

 
Good Morning, I have one queastion for all you ladies, with Thanksgiving comming this week,lets all sit back & think of what we are thankful for. There are many out there that don't have much but they are thankful for what they do have. So just for a moment let us all remember those that are less fortunate then we are & support your local food banks,toys for tots & other places that help those that are less fortunate than us. Also I would like for people to just sit & listen to someone who has a problem because sometimes the greatest gift is to just have someone to talk to that wont judge you & will try to help if they can.I for one wish I had someone to just listen. Thank you for reading this & just maybe we can make a difference in someone's life
HAPPY HOLIDAY"s Karen

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Hollywood kids

in the spotlight

Their moms

share secrets

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Learn about issues

Find support

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Tips for family,

kids and living

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment