Thursday, November 26, 2009

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 239

Messages In This Digest (9 Messages)

Messages

1.

Posted by: "linda borowski" goddess7lady@yahoo.com   goddess7lady

Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:06 am (PST)



if you do have the time and patience, try dipping potato chips in melted chocolate it is the best!

2.

past posts and my two-cents'-worth/CPS

Posted by: "Deb Gibson" dlgibson@alliancecom.net   kagomesdaughter

Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:07 am (PST)



Hello,
Well somehow I missed the background (was away all weekend and then work Monday<G>)...on this....but I know one thing: You should nearly NEVER involve CPS.....they destroy lives much more than they help! I can list a few dozen examples, if you like, at least!

Counseling can help but also can be just another route to CPS involvement.

Children are not perfect. There are no guarantees. But I also do not feel they are "throw away" to someone else when something is difficult. That is when they need love and guidance the most. God never said life would be wonderful, only that we have life. And He never gives us more than we can handle (even if we tend to differ at the moment<G>).....believe me, I know.

I have survived childhood molestations, being beaten as a wife, caring for a child with disabilities, and yes CPS in our lives.(Just to name a few challenges<G>)....and guess what, I've grown more into "ME" and I have grown emotionally and spiritually strong! Also became ordained; and do what I can to help others.

Children are a blessing and an inheritance!

(And I also think they should come before any man---a grown man is just that: grown already! But our children need us to show them how to grow. Also, men can come and go, but we are "mom" to our kids always!).

Just my opinions<G> based on my experiences<G>
Deb
Ro. 12:19 "Vengeance is mine,
saith the Lord"-- meet "Vengeance"!--
Deb Gibson
3a.

Re: What we are thankful for   --- Karen

Posted by: "teresa gutierrez" teredewhite@yahoo.com   teredewhite

Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:09 am (PST)



Leonor, Karen,
 
I think the mompowergroup is all about sharing, your questions, your worries, your knowledge, your successes too. The net makes it kind of easier to speak up, doesn't it?  It is not healthy to swallow your problems and keep them to yourself.  I'd say, count on us members if you need to say something, chances are somebody has been there already and can provide some understanding.  There are moms from several countries too, neither culture nor language should be a problem.  Happy Thanksgiving!  T

--- El lun 23-nov-09, Leonor Miranda <danskin123@yahoo.com> escribió:

De: Leonor Miranda <danskin123@yahoo.com>
Asunto: Re: [mompowergroup] What we are thankful for --- Karen
A: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Fecha: lunes, 23 noviembre, 2009, 11:27 pm

 

For Karen
 I really liked your words --- there are many people that do not understand the poor, they actually act like they are replused by them --- it is really sad to see and to know such a fact.
I sometimes wish I had someone to talk to --- someone that is on an "intelligent" level and has good moral values. well, Have a great Holidays.
Leonor

From: Frank <fschoch@ymail. com>
To: mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com
Sent: Mon, November 23, 2009 6:36:25 AM
Subject: [mompowergroup] What we are thankful for

 

Good Morning, I have one queastion for all you ladies, with Thanksgiving comming this week,lets all sit back & think of what we are thankful for. There are many out there that don't have much but they are thankful for what they do have. So just for a moment let us all remember those that are less fortunate then we are & support your local food banks,toys for tots & other places that help those that are less fortunate than us. Also I would like for people to just sit & listen to someone who has a problem because sometimes the greatest gift is to just have someone to talk to that wont judge you & will try to help if they can.I for one wish I had someone to just listen. Thank you for reading this & just maybe we can make a difference in someone's life
HAPPY HOLIDAY"s Karen

__________________________________________________________
¡Obtén la mejor experiencia en la web!
Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8.
http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=e1
3b.

Re: What we are thankful for   --- Karen

Posted by: "Frank Schoch" fschoch@ymail.com   fschoch@ymail.com

Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:10 am (PST)




Leonor,  I would like to thank you for responding to my message, A lot of people don't realize that there neighbors are the ones who need the help. with the way the job market is right now. See I know how that is I worked for a company for 5 years & got hurt (not on the job) but when I was able to go back to work they said I had to come back as a new employee & start @ minumn wage they wanted me to take a 3$ pay cut & I can't afford to do that so.The thing I'm most greatful for this holiday season is my sons laugh. no matter how bad things get I listen to him laugh & it makes everything so much better. So Happy Holidays to all & just take the time to be nice to someone it don't matter if they have all that you have or not just make someone smile today

________________________________
From: Leonor Miranda <danskin123@yahoo.com>

For Karen
 I really liked your words --- there are many people that do not understand the poor, they actually act like they are replused by them --- it is really sad to see and to know such a fact.
I sometimes wish I had someone to talk to --- someone that is on an "intelligent" level and has good moral values. well, Have a great Holidays.
Leonor

4a.

Re: I would like to know everyone's favorite Christmas treat

Posted by: "Bobbie Masterson" petitelove@gmail.com   bobbie_28

Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:09 am (PST)



Make them? Wow.not sure I'd ever have the patience for that.Nope always
store bought ones for me and my kids know they're mommie's only!

From: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Kirstie H
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:00 AM
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [mompowergroup] Re: I would like to know everyone's favorite
Christmas treat

Oh, I LOVE those! We used to make them every year with my grandmother when I
was little, along with other candies, and those were my absolute faves. I'm
not sure I have the patience for making them these days (we just stick to
the chocolate-covered pretzels), but they're always on my holiday season
shopping list.

-kirstie

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:mompowergroup%40yahoogroups.com> , "Bobbie Masterson"
<petitelove@...> wrote:
>
>
> My personal favorite treat is chocolate covered cherries, the kind with
> liquid centers (not the white creamy kind, the syrup).
>
>

4b.

Re: I would like to know everyone's favorite Christmas treat

Posted by: "teresa gutierrez" teredewhite@yahoo.com   teredewhite

Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:10 am (PST)



Cranberry and apple stuffing ... Sounds like something my family would love!  May I have the recipe, please? Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving!  T

--- El mar 24-nov-09, Bobbie Masterson <petitelove@gmail.com> escribió:

We have cranberry apple stuffing every year for Thanksgiving and it seems to be a favorite, seems every year someone asks me for the recipe.

4c.

Re: I would like to know everyone's favorite Christmas treat

Posted by: "cathie karas" cat_re04@yahoo.com   cat_re04

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:06 am (PST)



My family loves my Pumpkin Cheesecake. I like my mashed potatoes, and mashed sweet potato casserole. 

ITS WHAT YOU DO, NOT WHAT YOU SAY

NICKLE'S MOMMY

5a.

Thanksgiving plans/recipes?

Posted by: "Deb Gibson" dlgibson@alliancecom.net   kagomesdaughter

Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:12 am (PST)



Jennifer,
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! I applaud you !!!!!!!
I agree with your philosophy!

(I will be working<G>)
Ro. 12:19 "Vengeance is mine,
saith the Lord"-- meet "Vengeance"!--
Deb Gibson
6.

Staying grounded

Posted by: "Kirstie H" kirstie_mo@yahoo.com   kirstiehague

Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:15 am (PST)



The holidays can be stressful. How do you stay centered and grounded during this busy season?

My goal during the holidays is to be extra NICE to everyone, no matter how stressed I might be. I kind of have to pump myself up before going out shopping for groceries or gifts, because I dislike crowds and I dislike rude people.

It helps me stay grounded to say "thank you, have a great day!" to the sales clerks, and anyone else who helps me, and to smile at other shoppers (who sometimes seem grumpy). What are your tips?

-kirstie

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Love cars? Check out the

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Family and home

Tips for mom

Yahoo! Groups

Going Green

Resources and tips

for green living

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment