Saturday, January 8, 2011

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Increase Milk Production

So if I am nursing should I stay away from black tea, because I do
drink it several times a week? Thanks for all your research on this
matter.

On Jan 8, 2:20 am, Joanna <unfoldingl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.mdidea.com/products/herbextract/danshen/data07.html
>
> In all the research I have found Sages are used to decrease milk
> production. Clary Sage (still in the Sage family) is an herb that
> helps you to relax and brings down inhibitions (sometimes if a mother
> is stressed the milk production will slow.), so I think that if the
> mother is stressed out and needs to relax and "let go" Clary Sage
> helps with that relaxing component. (Perhaps that is why people
> suggest it.) If the mother is relaxed and feeling good her body is
> going to work more efficiently.
>
> However Sages on the whole (In relation to breastfeeding) are used for
> weening perhaps because of the astringent tannin component in them.
> Tannins are the things in black tea and some wines that make your
> mouth feel all dry and puckery. They help to tone up tissue. It makes
> sense to me that something with tannins in it would be used to dry up
> breast milk.
>
> I am open to any information about why I could be wrong about this,
> because I am just doing research like you all, but at the moment I
> have not read any evidence as to why Clary Sage would physiologically
> promote milk production. (besides the relaxing component.)  It just
> doesn't seem logical to me. (but this is a plant we are talking about.
> They have been known to do some wild and wacky things depending on
> what they feel like doing...ie lavender being relaxing and stimulating
> depending on what you need to happen.)
>
> On Jan 8, 6:26 am, megan hanberg <gmhanb...@msn.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Joanna-
> > I also use the essential oils for maternity book from aromatools, and
> > have recommended it to my downline.  One of my IPC's was specifically
> > looking for an oil to increase milk production, and chose clary sage
> > out of the 3 or 4 it listed because she also wanted to use it for
> > menstrual issues.  Can you explain why you feel sage oils would
> > DEcrease milk? I don't want to encourage information that could cut
> > her milk supply. Thanks!
>
> > On Jan 6, 1:22 am, Joanna <unfoldingl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Heather,
> > > Anything with the word "Sage" in it stay away from if  you are wanting
> > > an increase in milk production. However if you are wanting to ween,
> > > use sage all the way :)
> > > Also, here is an article by one of my favorite herbal medicine women
> > > Susun Weedhttp://earthyfamily.com/A-remBF.htm
> > > I have an extensive list of oils you can use in my eBook.http://unfoldinglove.com/941/essential-oils-for-pregnancy-labor/if
> > > you would like to know all the oils that are safe and when to use
> > > them :)
> > > Love and blessings,
> > > Joanna- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment