Wednesday, January 5, 2011

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Increase Milk Production

This is my third baby and I nursed the other two 14 and 17 months.
She bit me pretty bad about a week ago and so I have been very tense
while nurseing because the sore spot hurts SO bad (bleeding and
everthing). My milk started to go down then and then I did not know
to stay away from peppermint and I had put it on her feet because she
had a fever. The next time I nursed her I could feel the peppermint
all in my lips and fingertips. It stayed in my system all day and I
think that may have affected it too. I would love the recipe for the
cookies.

On Jan 5, 4:53 pm, Heather Gunnerson <hgunner...@clear.net> wrote:
> First I would take a look at your diet and your level of stress.  Is baby
> nursing at night still?  You may just have what he/she needs.  Too much and
> you get engorged and mastitis (no fun!)  Drink lots of water!  also mother's
> milk tea helps to increase breast milk production.  It does have fennel in
> it!  The more you nurse/pump the more you should/will produce.  Usually your
> breasts seem empty but when you let down the baby gets plenty.  as long as
> the baby is still gaining weight.  He/she should get all the milk they need
> in 5 mins on each side.  There is a essential oils for maternity book at
> aromatools.com.  love it!!  It says to increase milk supply:
> fennel, basil, clary sage or geranium.  topically mix 5-7 drops essential
> oil with 1 tablespoon carrier oil.  massage breasts, lymph areas above
> breasts, and upper back along the spine.  Repeat daily for up to 10 days.
> wash the oil off the nipple area before nursing.  (this is weird to me cause
> it doesn't wash off... so i would avoid the nipples??)
> Ingestion... mix 2 drops fennel with 1 teaspoon honey and swallow.  follow
> with a glass of water.  reapeat 3 to 5 times daily for up to 3 days.  I
> would think that putting it in capsuls would be fine too.
> hope this helps.  too much milk is no fun... but not enough isn't either.
> good luck.
> heather
>
>
>
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Jerri <jerrimayfi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > My baby is 9 months old and I have started to notice that my milk is
> > low.  I was wondering what oils would be best to increase milk
> > supply.  Thanks
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://www.everythingdoterra.com- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment