Friday, September 3, 2010

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Cleaning Tips/Air Freshener

In my dryer I put 3 drops of lavender with 6 drops of FCO on a towel & this
softens the clothes.
----- Original Message -----
From: "caz" <chicabee@skymesh.com.au>
To: "Everything doTERRA" <everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 6:00 PM
Subject: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Cleaning Tips/Air Freshener


I am trying to find a good natural fabric softener recipe. If I dont
put any softener in my front loader the washing dries really stiff.
Any ideas???

On Sep 3, 5:46 am, energy4life <cin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I make MANY of my own cleaners, and it is really easy. My favorite
> products are unscented castile soap, borax, washing soda, baking soda,
> soap flakes, and essential oils.
>
> Laundry soap
> 2 c soap flakes
> 1 c borax
> 1 c washing soda
> Mix well and store in an airtight container. For my front-loader I use
> about 1/8 cup of this mixture, and shake 4-5 drops of White Fir into
> the soap dispenser, and 4-5 drops into the fabric softener dispenser.
>
> Foaming hand wash
> You have to use a foaming style soap dispenser for this.
> In the bottom of the bottle, put unscented liquid castile soap (Dr.
> Bronner's) about 1/8 of the volume of the bottle
> Add a small amount of natural glycerin (this is an emulsifier)
> Fill container with purified water
> Add essential oils of your choice--number of drops depends on your
> preference for scent.
> Shake well
>
> Air Fresheners/Surface Disinfectors
> I use blue glass spray bottles for these. Add 10-20 drops of essential
> oil to 4 oz water. Again, this depends on how much essential oil you
> want to use. Shake before spraying. Use to sanitize doorknobs,
> switchplates, cushions, countertops, bedding, etc. I like Wild Orange,
> Citrus Bliss, Purify, and On Guard.
>
> Other Ideas
> Cassia is a great oil to add to washing liquid such as when you are
> cleaning the floor. Nice clean and spicy smell! If you like pine
> scent, then use White Fir.
>
> On Sep 2, 2:25 pm, Cory Hughes <momcory.dote...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > To make an all purpose cleaner I use:
> > 2 cup purified or distrilled water
> > 1 tsp borax dissolved in boiling water
> > 1/4 cup castile soap (I use dr. Bronner's)
> > 1-2 tbsp white vinegar
> > Make sure mixture is cool, then add
> > 10 drops lemon
> > 6 drops lavendar
>
> > I use this constantly in our kitchen & bathroom. Anywhere on anything.
> > My kids use it too.
>
> > On Sep 1, 10:34 pm, Larissa <larissa.naturalfree...@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > What portions do you use for cleaners? If you have a normal-sized
> > > spray bottle (about 32 oz) how many drops of oil do you put in it?
>
> > > On Sep 1, 12:17 pm, JRW <silverdis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > I LOVE Lemon, On Guard, and Lavender for cleaning. If you have
> > > > Modern
> > > > Essentials there is a small section that has a few recipes for
> > > > cleaning. I made some hand wipes with on guard and LOVE them. Used
> > > > them at a family reunion and didn't get any of the nasty colds that
> > > > were going around.
>
> > > > I have heard of others using Citrus Bliss also. The Lemon in my
> > > > opinion works far better then some of the chemical cleaning products
> > > > I
> > > > have used in the past.
>
> > > > I have loved using the Seventh Generation products, but they were
> > > > super expensive (at the time- which was about 3 years ago) and so we
> > > > weren't able to replenish our stock. Now that Wal mart is selling
> > > > them
> > > > I wonder if the cost has gone down? I don't remember the
> > > > ingredients,
> > > > but with my allergies I found I could use the Seventh Generation
> > > > products without a problem. Learning what I have about EOs recently
> > > > it
> > > > makes me want to re-evalute the SG products and see if they are just
> > > > as good/safe. You may even be able to add a couple drops to them?
>
> > > > Hubby and I are pretty anal about keeping a germ free home. We don't
> > > > like it when people come over sick and we don't like shaking peoples
> > > > hands, especially at church. I have severe allergies to chemicals
> > > > and
> > > > have to be extremely careful with what we use. Up until a few months
> > > > ago I either cleaned dressed from head to toe in protective gear or
> > > > hubby did the cleaning. I HATED cleaning because if I wasn't careful
> > > > I
> > > > would have an asthma attack or break out in hives and all that fun
> > > > stuff.
>
> > > > As soon as I got lemon and lavender I began to use them for cleaning
> > > > and noticed a difference immediately! Our home smelled better. I
> > > > could
> > > > breath and I had no negative reactions to the oils or smell. I now
> > > > make excuses for cleaning, even deep cleaning :) After using the
> > > > lavender for several weeks in a row as a carpet cleaner I noticed
> > > > our
> > > > carpet looks cleaner, feels softer, and my asthma is back under
> > > > control. I love when we come home from being gone all day and it
> > > > smells sooo nice.
>
> > > > If you do a search on cleaning I think you will find some different
> > > > tips and tricks and I think there are a few links to blogs with some
> > > > tips too. I got my on guard hand wipe recipe from a blog (can't
> > > > remember it at the moment.) Trial and Error is a fun way to go too
> > > > :)
>
> > > > Good Luck!
>
> > > > On Sep 1, 11:57 am, KelliDonna <kellido...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > I am brand new to this lifestyle and need lots of advice and tips
> > > > > and
> > > > > tricks!
> > > > > I am a OCD about the cleanliness of my home, my car, etc...
> > > > > Now that I am using doTerra oils for mine and my families health,
> > > > > it
> > > > > doesn't seem to make much sense for me to be using a cabinet full
> > > > > of
> > > > > chemicals to clean our home.
> > > > > I typically use 409, Mr Clean, Comet, and the Clorox cleaning
> > > > > wipes.
> > > > > I also am OCD about the way things smell!
> > > > > I need to walk into my home and have it smell lovely :)
> > > > > I currently use Scentsy wax and warmers.
> > > > > So I am looking for a way to use my oils as cleaning products? But
> > > > > it's gotta really cut through the grime.
> > > > > Also, any information about Scentsy? I know some candles and air
> > > > > fresheners are unhealthy, but am I okay with Scentsy?Also, any
> > > > > opinions on Seventh Generation products? I saw some at Walmart
> > > > > yesterday and now I'm curious. I know this is a lot and Thank You
> > > > > in
> > > > > advance!!- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment