Monday, October 31, 2011

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Newborn Vitamin K Shot & Eye Drops

I agree with Janae. In my case, my son had a long time in the birth canal and had a bit of bruising on his head. My midwife (Stephanie Fritz) felt it was prudent to give oral Vitamin K. I had previously told her I didn't want it unless there was enough bruising to warrant such. Since we were choosing not to circumcise, we really felt there was no valid need to give a Vitamin K shot.
 
As for the eye drops, I don't see a need for them, unless you've been in a questionable relationship. A few weeks ago I was surprised to realize that it's not necessary for c-section mothers to get the drops for the baby, it didn't pass through the birth canal. And yet most of society accepts it as part of the routine birth process. :(
 
My approach to childbirth is that there's nothing wrong with my baby until there's actually something wrong. Meaning, I didn't have any ultrasounds during my pregnancies because there were no red flags during the pregnancy. No questionable heart rates, no excessive sickness, no sudden weight gain. If that's fine, why dig deeper? When my son had the head coning from being in the birth canal so long (3.5 hours), we simply corrected it with chiropractic care.
 
The only thing we were actually concerned, and tested for was hearing loss. I'm profoundly deaf, we don't know if it's a fluke (suspected reaction to the HiB shot) or if it's genetic (then I'm the first in my extended family). But we also had a pretty good idea that he could hear before we tested him, he'd startle at loud noises. :)
 
Blessings,
Leah
 
 
 
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Janae Sherman <tjshurm@hotmail.com> wrote:
If your baby has a traumatic birth, or will be getting surgery before it's a week old, vit. K isn't really necessary.  It's given to help the blood clot.  They worry about brain hemorrhage, and bleeding when circumcision is done.  your babies blood clotting factors will be low at birth, and gradually rise till they are the highest ever at 8 days old and regulate after that to a normal level.  the eye drops are for Gonorrhea, and Chlamydia, STD's.  If you have them and they get into your babies eyes it can cause blindness.  If there is NO way you could have those, no reason.  Good luck on your research!

Janae Sherman

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

1 comment:

  1. I used eye drops for a while and then I switched to using eye vitamins. Thanks for sharing this article and thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete