Friday, April 1, 2011

[Everything doTERRA] Re: skin disease on a dog

I second changing the dog's diet! I have a dog with food allergies
and it often comes out as rashes on the skin. Definately change the
protein they are eating, as little carbs as possible and no wheat or
corn. Also add a probiotic to each meal. I have been feeding a raw
diet fir 7 years to my dogs so I can control what they eat. I have
many books about the subject but the most complete and easy to
understand is Raw and Natural Nutrition For Dogs by Lew Olson. She is
a phd in natural health and an expert in dog nutrition. You will learn
how to make your dog healthier, but she gives many options in feeding.
It doesn't have to be raw. There is even a section on allergies and
how to deal with them. I use oils o. My dogs every day but I do dilute
them quite a bit. I have used some internally also for a stubborn
staff infection successfully. I just wouldn't use oregano because it
is a little too strong for them. Good luck! Karen.

On Apr 1, 8:43 am, Ginny Eiseman <gi...@kpunet.net> wrote:
> I agree with Heather but would also add that there is a good chance that
> what they are feeding is a strong contributing factor. I usehttp://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dogformulas/home.htmlwhich is
> available at many pet stores. Its not the only option but we have
> limited choices here. Most important is that it have a form of meat,
> i.e., lamb, chicken (not meal or by products) and limited grain and
> little added ingredients you cannot pronounce.
>   They can also add salmon oil to the food. I know vets really push
> Science Diet but I think its awful food. Before my health issues put an
> end to it I used to raise and show dogs, do agility, teach classes, and
> foster for the local rescue organization.  If they are feeling guilty
> about the extensive tests, I know many people who've had them done and
> gotten inconclusive results.
> gin
> AK
>
> On 4/1/2011 6:30 AM, Heather in AK wrote:
>
>
>
> > I am defiantly not Pat, but I have an idea for you.  We have a family
> > who gives their dog Frankinsence orally.  They were gone for a month
> > and his skin sores were really bad again and they reported within a
> > few days his skin was healed back up again.
>
> > Heather in AK

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment