Friday, April 29, 2011

RE: [Everything doTERRA] post labor...bleeding and fundal checks

As a midwife, i don't do a lot of massage.  Studies have shown this can actually increase bleeding issues.  I have my moms take a 5 week formula without penny royal (it can make you trickle bleed for a long time) to help the bleeding stop when it should, and then have the mom check her uterus and make sure it is staying in a hard ball.  If it isn't , go pee (clots will say in with a full bladder), rub the uterus and make sure the clots are out and bleeding is normal.  I haven't had problems with my clients even after they have had 5-8 kids. the key is get out of the hospital as soon as you can after delivery.  I'm talking a few hours. :)

Janae Sherman




> Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:49:17 -0700
> Subject: [Everything doTERRA] post labor...bleeding and fundal checks
> From: srsioajn@gmail.com
> To: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>
> So I'm new, and 38 weeks pregnant. My most negative experience with
> my last baby was the fundal checks and massage. This is my 6th baby,
> and I was told last time that after this many it's harder for the
> uterus to get back to size....higher risk for blood clots and
> hemorrhaging. Thus, excruciating fundal massage....kneading to the
> spine.
>
> I was wondering what I might try that would help alleviate "after
> pains" in general. Also, post labor bleeding. Maybe that would
> lessen the need for hospital staff to do so much of this fundal
> massage stuff?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment