Monday, September 5, 2011

[Everything doTERRA] Umcomfortable Lying Down-Sleepy-Not Life Threatening

My name is James Yu and I was born in Beijing, China. I will be 18 in
a few days.

Generally, I am a curious, naive, emotionally sensitive, and smart
person. My best area is math, and I passed the American Math Contest
twice in high school.


I feel uncomfortable when lying down to try to sleep, and this has
persisted since I was 16. I will provide as much important
information
here as possible so anyone can please help me understand why.


Since I was 14 I had a bad sleep cycle, where I would take a nap
after
high school/in the afternoon for about two hours every day.
Afterwards, I would feel very refreshed. I would then force myself to
go to sleep at the latest 1:00 am, and I wouldn't even be sleepy
then.
The next morning, I would be very sleepy throughout the whole school
day, and immediately take a nap as soon as I got home. During the
day,
I would feel very exhuasted and weak. I would not want to do anything
but sleep. I would have trouble interacting and socializing with my
peers, and feel very self-conscious. It was suffering to stand up/
walk
while feeling so weak and looking at/comparing myself to my "calm,
healthy" peers around me. When I did, it felt like my brain was on
fire, my breathing became rapid, and wanted to shout. I wouldn't
shout
though, because then people would think that I was weird.


So this whole cycle persisted. The summer before I was 16, I went to
China for my Grandpa's birthday. I avoided daytime activities for 3
days, to adjust to jetlag. The day after my Grandpa's birthday, we
ate
dinner made by my Grandma, and I had diarrhea within 30 min. I would
have diarrhea about 3-4 times per day, which lasted at least a week,
and gradually got better. My dad had diarrhea as well, but it only
lasted 2 days for him and was not as frequent. After dinner,
we heard that someone on our plane had H1N1, so everyone near him had
to be quarantined by the Gov., and everyone else (like me and my dad)
should be self quarantined, but was not enforced. My dad wanted to
abide by the rules, so we together moved to an apartment. Still
probably suffering from jetlag, I woke up in the middle of the night
there, and again at 7:00 am. I felt sleepiness, soreness, weakness
and
nausea while making breakfast. I dreaded that I had H1N1. The last
time I went to China in the summer of 2006, I felt terrible soreness
and nausea and had an IV in the hospital for 5 days, but was better
afterwards. I went back to lie down, and had a refreshing sleep
until
9:00 am. My soreness and nausea gradually got better throughout the
day. The next two days, I woke up sleepy at 7:00 am in the morning,
but had refreshing naps in the afternoon, so I happily engaged in
outdoor physical activity. The next few days. however, I woke up
tired
and sleepy, but could not fall asleep in the afternoon. I became
distressed, not feeling refreshed the entire day.


I spent about a total of 11 days in China, and immediately after
having returned to the states, I found out that mom had already paid
for her, me and my grandma to go with a tour group through
Yellowstone
Park, the next day. The first night at a hotel, I woke up at 4:00 am,
getting about 4.5 hours of sleep, and was very distressed when I
could
not fall asleep, knowing that we had to leave at about 8:00 in the
morning. I woke my mom up, telling her how bad I felt, but she simply
told me to stop bothering her. I was awake until we had to leave that
day. On the bus, I remembered that the last time I fell asleep on a
bus, my legs felt sore and compact afterwards. I thought this might
be
because my feet were flat on the ground when I was sleeping, so this
time, I put them on the footstand behind the chair in front of me,
which felt somewhat unnatural. I could not fall asleep the entire
day.
I noticed that my skin was becoming more pale and I easily caught a
cold. That night, I hoped I would get a good night's sleep since I
was
so exhausted, but again I woke up, at 4:30 am and could not fall back
to sleep. I was so upset and confused. During the day, I felt so
lost,
angry, and that my suffering was unbearable. I felt that the fire in
my brain was going to explode at any time. I felt so sick and sleepy
that my emotions were completely out of control. I could not stand
feeling so weak when looking at others. I didn't fall asleep during
the day, and the next day I woke up at 4:30 am again. On the bus I
just felt like breaking down and crying. I didn't because I thought
other people would think I was weird. I finally managed to fall
asleep
for 3 hours on the bus, but it wasn't refreshing. I thought that my
sleep was back to finally back to normal, but the next day, I woke up
at 5:30 am, feeling confused and upset again. The next day, my mom
gave me an Ambien pill, and I woke up at 6:30 am.
My week at Yellowstone was my worst week I can remember, and I don't
recall my mom or grandma being supportive or sensitive to my
discomfort at all.


At the beginning of my junior year, my school day was sleepy as
usual.
I tried to take naps, but somehow they would only last an hour, and I
was still sleepy afterwards. So I was sleepy all the time, and I
became extremely upset, lost, and confused. I don't remember exactly
how gradually, but it became uncomfortable for me to sleep on my
back.
I had always slept on my back, so I didn't understand why I felt
uncomfortable then. My lower legs felt like they were suspended, and
not rested on the bed. After awhile, they became more sore, so I
tried
to move them to a more "comfortable position." Moving them would make
the soreness slightly better, only to get worse again after awhile.
My
legs did not jerk or twitch in any way, not when I tried to go to
sleep, or during the night, as my Grandma observed. Bending my legs
with my knees up relieved the soreness, but I could not fall asleep
in
this position. Lying on my right/left sides also relieved the
soreness, but I felt unnatural in these positions and eventually
turned on my back. It would take me much longer to fall asleep, and
my
sleep quality was greatly reduced. I felt hopeless, no longer
motivated to do anything, even go to school. I was absent for 5 days
in the first month. My dad called me worthless, had shen jing bing,
and cursed at me in Chinese, when I did not want to go. My mom said I
was lazy and spoiled. The local "Pediatricians" did not listen to my
symptoms, simply prescribed OTC medication such as Aleve, but ran
blood tests when I persisted. They all came out negative, and a
doctor
sternly told me I would face court if I missed too many days of
school.


That was a very painful time in my life to remember. I have ran many
blood tests since then, and everything has come up negative, with the
exception of having low Vitamin D. My legs still feel sore when
sleeping on my back, but I am able to sleep on my sides a little bit
easier. The last time I woke up feeling refreshed was one morning in
Spring of 2010. If anyone can help me understand why my legs started
feeling sore when I was 16 and/or how I can fix this please, please
help me.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment