Friday, September 30, 2011

Re: [Everything doTERRA] chronic degenerative--disk pushing out over the next one, pinching root of sciatic nerve

This past weekend in Fresno I presente the oils to a doctor who used to be a chiropractor but has changed his practice to NeuroSoma therapy.  I purchased the book  WHAT'S REALLY WRONG WITH YOU?   by Thomas Griner.  Thomas has studied the muscles of the body for over 20 years and has developed this therapy to relax and soften muscles.  He has found that many of our problems are related to constricted muscles. 

 

In this book he states: "Discs don't slip.  It's physiologicl nonense.  And only in the raret cases do they actually rupture, or tear.  In the 1950s, researchers performed postmortems on a group of people who had been diagnosed with "ruptured" discs.  Only one-tenth of 1 perscent of the sample actually had ruptured discs."  He went on to say that "ruptured" discs, "torn rotator cuff", "bursitis" and "carpal tunnel" involve muscle spasm and its impact on nerve. 

 

I have found this book fascinating.  The doctor I met with said he has had tremendous results with this therapy.  We discussed the benefits of the oils in enhancing this therapy. 

 

This is something to think about.  I am going to put this philosophy to the test, using more of doTERRA's muscle oils on these areas and see what happens.  I'll report back on the doctor in Fresno.

Debie



 


From: "Valerie Hampton" <valerie@donhamptonrealtor.com>
To: "Everything doTERRA" <everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 3:24:33 PM
Subject: [Everything doTERRA] chronic degenerative--disk pushing out over the next one, pinching root of sciatic nerve

I am asking this for a gal that is interested in doTERRA but her
challenge is certainly out of my league so I'm turning to all you
wonderfully knowledgeable doTERRA-ites!  :)  This is what she said:

Turns out I have a disk in my back that has pushed out over the next
one and is pinching the root of the sciatic nerve. It's a chronic
degenerative condition, so all that can be done is pain management.
I'm having an MRI on Monday, just to rule out any other contributing
causes, but I don't expect the prognosis to change. The doctor said
the standard treatment is periodic cortisone shots (they have to be
given under x-ray, I guess to avoid accidental damage to the spinal
cord) but if I can manage the pain with essential oils, I may be able
to avoid that unappealing option.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment