Friday, September 30, 2011

[Everything doTERRA] Fundraiser booth

Hi folks!

I am having a booth of sorts, similar to what you have at a trade show
or fair. I've read pages and pages of posts in this group and got a
lot of great information...so thanks! However, this booth is a little
different. I am doing it as part of a fundraiser for a school. They
are having a market and having about 15 people there, all from at-home/
party-style companies: Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, Lia Sophia, thirty-
one, etc. The deal is that we have to donate 10% of our sales from the
day back to the school. I am a little unsure of how to structure this.

My first thought is to have only retail sales. But I'm new to doTERRA,
only been at it a few months, and only recently started to think about
moving beyond just using the oils. Between me and my sister, we have a
decent collection of oils. I have a couple unopened bottles I was
planning on doing a drawing for. I have some other good ideas for
samples and water and the diffuser and all of that....but I don't have
extra product on hand that I can just sell. I'm worried that even
though it only takes about 3-4 days for doTERRA to get my product to
me, that people won't purchase if they can't walk away with it.

So then I was thinking about encouraging people to sign. With the way
its structured, it is certainly beneficial to sign people up as an
IPC...and for the most part I can pitch that. I'm a little worried for
the same reason...they can't walk away with the product. Plus I am not
really sure how to keep track of my "sales" this way so I can figure
out how much to donate back to the school. Since everybody there will
be of the plan-style company, I sort of hesitate to pitch the IPC to
people, even though it is really the greatest deal and structure ever.
Plus, where I live, people are very touchy and get put-off very easily
by being asked to "join." I think its because while the town I live in
has a decent number of people, its still very "small town" and people
get pressured into parties and joining and such a lot.

I'm looking forward to raising some money for the school. But the
reason I'm doing the booth is to get the doTERRA name out there, sign
some IPCs or get some PCs, and get my name out there and hopefully get
enough interest to do some classes. That is really the ultimate goal,
just like a trade show booth. Do any of you have any ideas on how to
structure this? The booth part I have a good handle on....its the
sales v. signing and the donation part I'm having a hard time figuring
out. I'm hoping maybe one of you has done something similar? Or at
elast has some thoughts to offer. I'm just barely getting a handle on
how the whole downline thing and retail sales and all of that
work...and I'm not even entirely sure on it...like PCs....I don't get
why we have PCs when for $35 you can be an IPC and pay less? I
actually also don't get why people do retail for the same reason.

So I got a little long -windedm, sorry. TIA so much for any advice you
can offer!!

--lynsey

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment