Saturday, July 30, 2011

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Muscle Testing as a Christian

I am a Christian who believes that Jesus is my personal Lord and
Savior.

I can't say much about muscle testing.
I know that a lot of people that use oils take a new age approach.

I am glad to see your post and as a fellow believer who promotes
essential oils.

My post is for some encouragement and sharing some experience shairing
essential oils.
I stay away from concepts such as chakra, third eye (which some say
scientifically is the pituitary gland) only because in my travels and
here in Hawaii, I've met people who understood those consepts
intimately whether they are a Sikh and it just conflicts with me.

You will find that there is many opposition from the church.

I've come across issues with alternative medicine with conservative
churches.
I've read about criticism of alternative medicine in many books.

However after taking a course in college, I've found that even Western
Medicine is far off from Biblical principals.
For example, the idea of vestigial organs (organs that seemingly have
no function) are a part of evolutionary theory. It is for that fact
that we get rid of some of the organs, only to find after much
research there are functions for every organ (Recent studies show
there is a purpose for the apendix).

Some people often misalign too many concepts to New Age. For example,
the holistic apporach of emotions affecting health. I've read
Christian books that criticize this concept yet there are biblical
references like in Proverbs 17:22 Some churches believe you shouldn't
take verses out of context so you go 20 verses back and 20 verses
forward. But in Proverbs, each verse stands on it's own.


I've come across issues with alternative medicine with charismatic
churches.
They tie into a lot of the spiritual aspects. For this, I suggest to
know God's word strongly to differentiate
between what the truth God gives, rather than doctrine. Is folk
medicine against God's word? Is Western medicine really for it? This
takes an indepth study of the Bible, sola scripta, study of the
original language. Strong's concordance is a great reference. Some
belivers believe in strictly the logos while others especially in the
Word of Faith movement emphasize the rhema or the heart of the word.

All across the board, I come across issues with prayer, healing, and
"God will heal me."
I am a firm believer in prayers and miracles. Sometimes saying "God
will heal my body" without making changes is like saying "God will
fill my empty stomach" and not eating day after day.
God does have the power to heal, but sometimes God answers our prayers
in a way we may not expect
through people who share answers and solutions.
Where do we draw the line of personal responsibility. I've heard
sermons that speaks on how God always forgives, but we live with the
consequences, such as STDs for promiscuity, dire consequences from
drug use. With some churches, there is very little emphasis on
nutition. You don't have to know but look to see obesity within the
church.
Studies go as far to say that there are more rates of lifestyle
diseases with Christian churches than without. Because some churches
emphasize walking a Christian walk aside from destructive sinful
nature such as drugs, but we don't know adress the silent and
seemingly harmless sinful nature such as the way we eat.

To address this, is to live in a way that is pleasing to God, do we
eat in a way that is pleasing to God.
In America today I must say we don't.

I know many people who believe in prayer that still take Western
Medicine but when it comes to "Alternative Medicine" it is seen as
folk medicine, vodoo, or witchcraft.
Medicine of ancient times which is still in use in some countries in
the world were a part of living as much as hunting, fishing, and
harvesting vegetation. Although some practices can be applied to other
religions, it can be used to glorify God.

A great book I read is Seven Pillars of Health, which applies some
Judeo-Christian concepts from the Old Testament of the Bible.
Everything from diet and nutrition. An example like letting the soil
sit without planting. A practice long abandoned and we are reaping the
consequences of having nutrient deficient foods.


With that said, I am glad to be part of a doTERRA, you meet many
people along the way through networking.
People who deal with ailments all the time like doctors tend to see
death a lot.
An early American physician said that sometimes they may be the last
person the patient sees to share about salvation and that it is a
physicians duty to do so.

I enjoy working with doTERRA and travelling as I meet not only people
of different faiths but feelowship with believers of different
churches, baptist, methodist, full gospel, pentacostal, non-
denominational, foru square and so much more.

I hope this information helps. I share this because I run into people
that are often discouraged when their church or fellow church members
look at them as if they are doing something wrong.

Forutnately, I work with a lot of people that are heavily to the
ministry that knows God, knows His Word very well, and this makes it
very difficult to argue.

I know that as a believer, the church may attack things such as
network marketing and alternative health. All I can suggest is to know
who you are in God, seek the answers in God's Word.


What I found is people misuse Scripture to suppor personal beliefs but
life is a constant teacher.

Proverbs 3:5-6 states that Trust in the LORD with all your heart and
lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

We live in an information age where we deduce things from scientific
knowledge. We know nothing compared to the infinite widom and
knowledge the Lord has.

Take care.

On Jul 29, 3:40 am, Gretchen <prvb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have been using doTERRA for a year and love the oils. We have
> treated many things over the last 12 months with great success. At
> this point however I want to dig deeper into some of our long term
> health issues. I live in WI and it seems like the only people around
> here who use essential oils are into things that as a Christian I am
> told to stay away from. I am slowly introducing the oils to my
> Christian friends but anyway...I keep reading posts about muscle
> testing. Everything I read about it makes me question its use as a
> Christian. I know that many of you in this group are Christians and I
> would love to hear your take on it.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment