Sunday, January 29, 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Engorged from Milk Supply

Peppermint is an age old "anti-galactogogue" meaning milk supply
reducer, in herbal form; I would think used as an oil it would as
well. But engorgement is more about there being too much lymph fluid
in the breast than too much milk in the ducts.... so any anti-
swelling product is going to work well too... The best remedy tho' I
learned many moons ago -- use green cabbage leaves! Keep a head of
green cabbage in the fridge so the leaves are cold (cold helps reduce
swelling as well as feels great! on engorgement... crinkle them
briefly (roll over 'em with a rolling pin or just crush in your hands)
to release their volatile oils and then apply a leaf to each breast --
change them when you can smell the cabbage (it'll warm with body
temp!) --

Remember that pumping makes engorgement worse by increasing demand, so
only use a pump if you need to soften the breast to get a good latch
from baby...

happy birthing!!!

anne

On Jan 29, 6:26 pm, Jewels <azdote...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am going to have my second baby any day now and I just remembered
> that I need to be ready for the possibility of having extremely and
> painfully engorged breasts because my milk supply. Last time I had WAY
> too much milk. Last time I used herbs (because I didn't know about
> doTERRA) to help. I used mullin and lobelia as a tea and a poultice
> and it seemed to help, but not as quick as I hoped. I think I was on
> the border of having mastitis, but it didn't develop far.
>
> So my question is: clary sage or peppermint, or what other suggestions/
> experiences. I get confused with clary sage because I've read that it
> will increase milk and others say it decreases it.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment