Sunday, September 11, 2011

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Coffee/tea with oils added?

I love using oils in my tea. In some classes I actually serve tea with
oils as way of introducing the idea of ingesting essential oils oils.
Here are my fave combos:

OnGuard Chai

Simmer cardamon pods, cinnamon sticks, clove buds, fresh grated
ginger, and Fennel seeds in water for 10-120 mins. Break herb material
into small pieces and put 1 tsp. of herbs per cup into a saucepan.
Cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer gently for about 10-120
min, or until the water is slightly reduced; strain through a
sieve.You will have created a "decoction".

Take this liquid goodness and add one part herbal decoction to 3 parts
cow milk, hemp milk, or rice milk. (if you want it caffeinated you can
add black tea to the above herbs).
Then add honey to sweeten and 1 drop OnGuard per cup tea
(if you want to retain the full therapeutic value of the oil try to
bring the liquid down to body temp before adding the EO)
Stir and enjoy!

Essential OIl Tea

I love serving people essential oil tea! I just take warm water and
sweeten it with honey, then I add my oils! This works best with a tea
pot. The kind you would see at a tea party or an asian restaurant.

Fill teapot with hot water (about 3 cups)
Add 2 tablespoons of local organic honey
Stir

This is your base "tea" you can now add oils to it. This are the best
combos I have found so far:

Tea blend one: 1 drop peppermint and 3 drops frankincense

Tea blend two: 1 drop lavender and 3 drops lime

Tea 3: 5 drops wild orange 3 drops cinnamon

Tea 4: 4 drops lemon 2 drops ginger

Sandalwood Milk Brew

This is a great nighttime drink and I think it will help you sleep and
ward off nightmares. I found the recipe in an Ayurvedic book. They
called for sandalwood powder so I just used the oil instead.

In a saucepan warm 2 cups of milk with a pinch of turmeric powder, a
pinch of ginger powder, and a pinch of nutmeg powder
add honey to sweeten
remove from heat and allow to cool a bit before adding your sandalwood
oil
1 drop of sandalwood oil should do
It's so yummmyyyyy!!!!!
I think it is good for inflammation too.

On Sep 11, 4:05 am, Jewels <azdote...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A friend is thinking about having a small coffee/tea stand in a
> farmers market and using a few essential oils to add to the coffee and
> tea. I don't have any experience with coffee/tea (except few herbal
> teas) so I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried it?? What tastes
> best? How much do you add to a 6oz of coffee/tea? Is there any problem
> with selling the coffee with oil in it?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment