Saturday, October 31, 2009

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 216

Messages In This Digest (12 Messages)

1a.
Re: Halloween treats From: MAS, Mateo, Teo
1b.
Re: Halloween treats From: Cmdichmann@aol.com
2a.
Re: sleepless nights From: Jill Militello
2b.
Re: sleepless nights From: npaich
2c.
sleepless nights From: Erica Hohman
3.
Re: Been there& I didn't leave my kids alone From: Lorena Colin
4a.
Re: Schools not noticing sick children/My Flu Experience From: midnightstarlight99@yahoo.com
5a.
Re: Schools not  noticing sick children/My Flu Experience From: wildirishrose01us
6a.
Re: exhausted by trying to eat right.. act like you have diabetes... From: Mike Stark
7a.
Re: Thanks for the Chicken Soup recipe! From: michele lobback
8a.
Re: What should happen to this mother... From: vjqualls@bellsouth.net
9.
Hairy Daddy Longlegs Cupcakes From: il_mesen mys

Messages

1a.

Re: Halloween treats

Posted by: "MAS, Mateo, Teo" masgyi@yahoo.com   masgyi

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:12 am (PDT)



Thanks, Kirstie! My wife sent me on a mission to find these and there they were in all their wholegrain glory. I think she's competing with the neighbors on the health angle.

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Kirstie H" <kirstie_mo@...> wrote:
>
> Looking for better options for Halloween treats? Why not offer animal crackers or special edition Halloween Quaker Chewy bars for a more wholesome treat?
>
> Look for Fright Night Quaker Chewy bars which include orange, purple, and green candy pieces in fun Halloween shapes like bats and pumpkins and are the perfect mini-size for trick-or-treaters.
>

1b.

Re: Halloween treats

Posted by: "Cmdichmann@aol.com" Cmdichmann@aol.com   lilandandysmom

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:15 am (PDT)



I found Halloween pretzels too, although I do have some sweet favorites
that I'll be giving out.


In a message dated 10/29/2009 3:19:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kirstie_mo@yahoo.com writes:

Looking for better options for Halloween treats? Why not offer animal
crackers or special edition Halloween Quaker Chewy bars for a more wholesome
treat?

2a.

Re: sleepless nights

Posted by: "Jill Militello" jem060504@yahoo.com   jem060504

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:13 am (PDT)



It could also be stomach related before my son was dignosed with Celiac disease he would not sleep and gave us the same troubles and it was all gut related.  Good luck to you

Jill

--- On Wed, 10/28/09, Frank Schoch <fschoch@ymail.com> wrote:

From: Frank Schoch <fschoch@ymail.com>
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] sleepless nights
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 1:14 PM

 

Hi Sarah, yes usually he sleeps very good. He was just at the Dr's& everything was good. I will call the Dr though to have him checked out. I have had a child who had ear infections quite often, I didn't even think of that thank you very much.

  Karen

____________ _________ _________ __

From: Sarah Frandy <snau525@yahoo. com>

Hi Karen, I have 16 month old twins who are great sleepers most of the time. Is your son a good sleeper most nights? One night one of my girls went to bed okay and woke up shortly after screaming her head off. This went on for hours so we took her to the emergency room bc she seemed like she was in pain. It turned out that she had an ear infection! She had no symptoms, ie pulling of the ear or fever. Our dr said that if a baby is sleeping ok and suddenly wakes up screaming 9 times out of 10 it is an ear infection. Maybe have him looked at.











2b.

Re: sleepless nights

Posted by: "npaich" npaich@yahoo.com   npaich

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:14 am (PDT)




Hi Karen, my name is Nandie and my son is also 1. I have been having the same problem, I had my son ears checked, I know he's not teething and I doubt that he's got stomach ache, But I have noticed that it gets worse when there is a slight change in the dynamics in our house. I have recently gone back to working full time and it was worse for a few days, on sunday morning he woke up at 1 and only went back to sleep at 5 and he wasn't even crying he was just awake. So good luck, I feel for you. Kind regards, Nandie

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <fschoch@...> wrote:
>
> Good Morning ladies,my name is Karen,I have a 1 year old son,his name is Frankie. We have been having a problem with sleepless nights.Last night everything was going great,we had dinner,his bath then Frankie fell asleep,not an hour later he woke up screaming,I thought maybe he was having a nightmear,so I cuddled him until he fell back to sleep,a half hour later he woke up again this time it was a lot worse. The time is 8:30pm well he was up screaming until 3:30 this morning.I don't know if it was a nightmear,a stomacheache,or teething. I tried everything I know to figure out what the problem was with no luck. If anyone has any suggestions to help my little man & I get some sleep I would be completely greatful.HELP mom can't go with no sleep for much longer
>

2c.

sleepless nights

Posted by: "Erica Hohman" ericahohman@yahoo.com   ericahohman

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:16 am (PDT)



Hi Karen,
My son and I are pretty tired over here, too. I hope you guys get some sleep soon! John is 21 months and lately really is waking up every night.. arched back and one unhappy guy. I appreciate Karen's questions and all the responses, and will try to put the suggestions to good use!
Good luck all,
Erica

3.

Re: Been there& I didn't leave my kids alone

Posted by: "Lorena Colin" lorena.colin@gmail.com   loricolin

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:13 am (PDT)



I do relate to you. I have 5 kids and I always take all of them if I have no
other alternative. Or even if I do I would rather not get use to having to
depend on anyone. This mother should be held accountable and I definitely
agree that she needs parenting classes/therapy of sorts. I also think though
she must be suffering immensely...some people just have that parenting
common sense and some just don't!

--
Sincerely, Lorena Colin
4a.

Re: Schools not noticing sick children/My Flu Experience

Posted by: "midnightstarlight99@yahoo.com" midnightstarlight99@yahoo.com   midnightstarlight99

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:15 am (PDT)



My sons school is the same way ... They even sent one child home ... Wouldn't even let her on the bus because her nose was running. And the school has called my phone twice telling me to get my boys the flu shot & where to get it for free. Its a big deal in our county too.

--- Original Message ---
From:"Marion Thornton" <mthornton667@gmail.com>
Sent:Thu 10/29/09 10:42 am
To:mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Subj:Re: [mompowergroup] Re: Schools not noticing sick children/My Flu Experience

You know its so funny that I am reading all these notes. My daughters
school is sending notices out every other day, not letting any kid in with a
sniffle, fever or who has taken any medicine in the last 24 hours for a
fever. They are offering the H1N1, but the docs are only recommending it
for children and adults with other medical problems, for example Asthma. My
daughter did take the regular Flu mist...so far so good, knock on wood...

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:14 PM, wildirishrose01us <irishrose@fiber.net>wrote:

>
>
> I think the schools are so overwhelmed that they don't notice such things.
> My son is a teacher, and he is so overworked and underpaid that he can't
> keep an eye on the students health.
>

5a.

Re: Schools not  noticing sick children/My Flu Experience

Posted by: "wildirishrose01us" irishrose@fiber.net   wildirishrose01us

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:15 am (PDT)



Thank you. It's nice to be feeling better.

Marianne

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, midnightstarlight99@... wrote:
>
> Marianne: I am so glad that you feel better!
>
> --- Original Message ---
> From:"wildirishrose01us" <irishrose@...>
> Sent:Wed 10/28/09 7:57 am
>
>
> Dr. visits 4 times. ER visit 1 time. A combination of 7 medicines. Insurance is going to have a fit with all these vists and medicines. Everything else is MasterCard. Not really, for that, but it reminds me of that commercial. LOL. But I'm finally better.
>
> And that's been my two weeks.
>
> Marianne
>

6a.

Re: exhausted by trying to eat right.. act like you have diabetes...

Posted by: "Mike Stark" mike@stark.co.za   planecrazy_sa

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:15 am (PDT)



Hi ArunK

Got to agree with you. Scary to see what some of our foods
contain.

We need to know what is in our food before we eat it.

Regards
Charlotte


ArunKVir@aol.com <mailto:ArunKVir@aol.com> wrote:
Hey all, I am not diabetic, but had high cholesterol, and for the
past 6 months have treated my eating AS IF I have diabetes. I
have lost 25 pounds, and I feel much better, I've just acted as
though I cannot consume sugar as much; I stopped all the soda,
high carbs, such as potatoes, bread, rice etc. Eating fish once
a week, small portions, salads etc. And now am running.
Cholesterol is down. There is sugar in everything we eat, and
we don't really think about. I think we all eat foods that we
~ Arun
7a.

Re: Thanks for the Chicken Soup recipe!

Posted by: "michele lobback" hmlobback@yahoo.com   hmlobback

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:15 am (PDT)



Hooray!!

My kids love it too. 

Michele Lobback

--- On Thu, 10/29/09, Cmdichmann@aol.com <Cmdichmann@aol.com> wrote:
Dear Moms,

Thank you to the mom who sent out that Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup 
recipe!  I made it for my family last night and it was a hit.  They 
normally balk at my homemade soups (and I must admit that they're not as good as 
the canned kind...!).  This one they didn't balk once they tasted it!

8a.

Re: What should happen to this mother...

Posted by: "vjqualls@bellsouth.net" vjqualls@bellsouth.net   vjqualls@bellsouth.net

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:17 am (PDT)





--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, Boosutherland@... wrote:
>
> I agree with you Lorena, This in itself is a punishment...I just wrote a
> almost the same thing you are saying...It's not like she went out, left the
> babies alone and intentionally killed them! It's truly devastaing all the
> way around. I just heard that the second child died??? Is this true?
>

Second Child Dies From Home Alone Fire - WREG Oct

Oct 26, 2009 ... Second toddler dies from house fire; Children were left home ... (Memphis 10/26/2009) We've learned the second child in the home alone fire has died. ... You can also get local news in Memphis, TN-MS-AR Metro Area at ...

I live about 90 miles Southeast of Memphis Tn. I get Memphis news here

9.

Hairy Daddy Longlegs Cupcakes

Posted by: "il_mesen mys" il_mesen@hotmail.com   il_mesen

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:40 am (PDT)





See larger photo

Ingredients

Chocolate cupcake (body)
Canned chocolate icing
Chocolate sprinkles (hair)
2 pieces of eye-type candy (we used Bassett's Liquorice Allsorts)

Clean scissors
Ruler
1 package of black string lace licorice (legs)

Instructions

Frost the cupcake with chocolate icing and cover with sprinkles.

Press the eyes into place.

Use scissors to cut eight 4-inch pieces of licorice for the legs. Holding all of the legs together in a bunch, bend them in half and crease. Push the end of each leg into the cupcake as shown.

.

ENJOY


__________________________________________________________
Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you're up to on Facebook.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_2:092009
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Car groups and more!

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Schizophrenia groups

Find support

Yahoo! Groups

Weight Management Challenge

Join others who

are losing pounds.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment