Friday, October 30, 2009

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Candles

I'm a food person, and terribly handicapped mentally and physically
for "crafts". So when I want to give something at a meeting, I usually
make a simple treat like a cookie bar with EO-infused glaze or
frosting, and perhaps a drink with EO flavoring, too. Tamalu's
chocolates and even the OnGuard drops would work, as well. I recently
taught a class not doTERRA related, where I tied a strip of paper with
a saying to each OnGuard drop, and passed them in a basket. That was
well received. I agree with the concept of keeping it simple. You also
need to consider your audience and the purpose you're meeting.
Sometimes "treats" just don't work. Maybe substitute decorated recipe
cards instead!

Loryjean


On 10/29/09, Monica Molinar <monica@healthyconnections.net> wrote:
> Hi Samara,
>
> On the one hand, I love the idea of giving out freebies at your events, as
> you've described. On the other hand, being cautious about time and budget
> constraints, it might be a good idea to consider the KISS principle, "Keep
> It Simple, Sweetie" (changed it to an ending word I prefer over the 'common'
> one)... Anyway, the idea is to keep everything simple and as easily do-able
> and inexpensive as possible with your events, so that others who may feel
> 'constrained' by budget, time, or creativity will see just how simple this
> is to do. I've been at events for other product lines, where the host
> and/or presenter went to great lengths with elaborate foods, games,
> prizes... "the works"... and while I liked the product line, I remember
> thinking to myself, "Wow! This is a LOT of WORK! I'm NOT interested!"... So,
> just some thoughts to consider... Meanwhile, have a ball! It sounds like
> you're doing great!!!
>
> Monica
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Samara <samarastarchman@gmail.com>
> To: Everything doTERRA <everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com>
> Sent: Thu, October 29, 2009 1:03:05 PM
> Subject: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Candles
>
>
> Thanks for your input! I won't waste my oils. I was looking for easy
> things to give out at Dr. Mom's without depleting my oils supply.
>
> A few things we tried last time: Toilet cleaner (borax, lemon oil, on
> guard), Peppermint brownie mix, sugar scrub.
>
> We hand them out as prizes after we do a game to review the material.
> It's a lot of fun. And then people get experience with the oils.
>
> I'm going to keep adding to the variety. Anti Aging face cream
> (Lavender, Myrrh, Frankincense and VCO), Anti bacterial wipes, etc.
>
> Any ideas you guys have would be great!
>
> Thanks!
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments:

Post a Comment