Thursday, October 29, 2009

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 213

Messages In This Digest (8 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Schools not  noticing sick children/My Flu Experience

Posted by: "midnightstarlight99@yahoo.com" midnightstarlight99@yahoo.com   midnightstarlight99

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:00 am (PDT)



Marianne: I am so glad that you feel better!

--- Original Message ---
From:"wildirishrose01us" <irishrose@fiber.net>
Sent:Wed 10/28/09 7:57 am

Dr. visits 4 times. ER visit 1 time. A combination of 7 medicines. Insurance is going to have a fit with all these vists and medicines. Everything else is MasterCard. Not really, for that, but it reminds me of that commercial. LOL. But I'm finally better.

And that's been my two weeks.

Marianne

2a.

Re: Quick & Easy Chicken Noodle Soup ~ eem eem good!

Posted by: "Carol Covin" carol.covin@comcast.net   clcovin

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:08 am (PDT)



> There are a couple of ways to make your cooking more healthy. My husband took
> over the cooking years ago and figured out that, though we both like gravy,
> it¹s not that healthy, so instead of thickening it with flour, he bakes
> vegetables in with the chicken or pot roast or pork chops and mashes them into
> the gravy for thickening. Yummy and healthy. He also cools soups and skims the
> fat off before reheating and serving. Finally, add a vegetable course to
> whatever you are serving now.
>
>
>
> Hello ya'll hope everyone is doing good, as for my family It has hit hard, so
> I got a bunch of questions,here goes:
> First of all my husband had a Dr. apt ( yes he is one of the types who NEVER
> go) anywayshe has had shortness of breath and chest pains, pain in his arm,
> all the classic sighns of heart attack, he goes inthe office and his heart
> rate is 43, EKG is not rightand he starts to have chest pains in the Dr,\.
> office, he of course goes to ER, gets admittted and goes throuh a series of
> tests, he has high cholestrol and gets put on meds, etc.. so i guess here is
> my question, How do I cook healthy, Im kinda oldfashion, I cook everything ,
> gravy, meats, burgers, you know the good stuff that isn't good for you.. I
> know this is my fault but I don't know how to cook healthy.. PLEASE HELP!!
> and then this, my son has asthma, and right now he is taking a neb treatment,
> ,school sent a notice that they are giving the h1n1 vac, don't know bout' that
> either, everything is so confusing... UUGHH !!!
>
>
>
>
>

2b.

Re: Quick & Easy Chicken Noodle Soup ~ eem eem good!

Posted by: "KathyK" cvwomn@yahoo.com   cvwomn

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:14 am (PDT)



First of all, thank you for sharing, I hope it felt good to get a few things off your chest (sts). Second, it is Not your fault!!! Did you place the food in your husband's mouth and make him chew and swallow? Chances are you cook the things you both enjoy eating? Check out the Mediteranean (sp, sorry) Diet; basically, lots of veggies and fruits, lean meats, not much starch - potatos, breads, pastas, leave most things 'white' out of your diet and lose the buttery sauces. I've had to go on it, too, and I'll tell you it is not fun for the first few weeks. But after that, if done right, your bodies will lose the craving for carbs, sweets and other 'bad' stuff. Start walking, baby steps, remember. Good luck. You can (both) do it.
 KathyK

________________________________
From: marylobb39 <marylobb39@yahoo.com>
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, October 27, 2009 6:30:22 PM
Subject: [mompowergroup] Re: Quick & Easy Chicken Noodle Soup ~ eem eem good!

Hello ya'll hope everyone is doing good, as for my family It has hit hard, so I got a bunch of questions,here goes:
First of all my husband had a Dr. apt ( yes he is one of the types who NEVER go) anywayshe has had shortness of breath and chest pains, pain in his arm, all the classic sighns of heart attack, he goes inthe office and his heart rate is 43, EKG is not rightand he starts to have chest pains in the Dr,\. office, he of course goes to ER, gets admittted and goes throuh a series of tests, he has high cholestrol and gets put on meds, etc.. so i guess here is my question, How do I cook healthy, Im kinda oldfashion, I cook everything , gravy, meats, burgers, you know the good stuff that isn't good for you.. I know this is my fault but I don't know how to cook healthy.. PLEASE HELP!!  and then this, my son has asthma, and right now he is taking a neb treatment, ,school sent a notice that they are giving the h1n1 vac, don't know bout' that either, everything is so confusing... UUGHH !!!

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

3a.

Re: sleepless nights

Posted by: "myspiritsoar" myspiritsoar@yahoo.com   myspiritsoar

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:09 am (PDT)



Hi Karen, This is what I use to do to find out maybe if this is the probllem. Teething can be so painful and they can't tell you. My sons all started teething around 9months. I would get a clean wash cloth wrap a piece of ice in it and try letting them suck on it and go around there gums. If that seems to sooth him then that could be the problem. Bless his little heart, you know how we feel when we have issues of the teeth. NOT GOOD. Blessings to Little Frankie and MOM

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <fschoch@...> wrote:
>
> Good Morning ladies,my name is Karen,I have a 1 year old son,his name is Frankie. We have been having a problem with sleepless nights.Last night everything was going great,we had dinner,his bath then Frankie fell asleep,not an hour later he woke up screaming,I thought maybe he was having a nightmear,so I cuddled him until he fell back to sleep,a half hour later he woke up again this time it was a lot worse. The time is 8:30pm well he was up screaming until 3:30 this morning.I don't know if it was a nightmear,a stomacheache,or teething. I tried everything I know to figure out what the problem was with no luck. If anyone has any suggestions to help my little man & I get some sleep I would be completely greatful.HELP mom can't go with no sleep for much longer
>

4a.

Re: Swine Flu Update

Posted by: "Lori Martin" dogboots@myfairpoint.net   bamsdaugt

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:12 am (PDT)



I also work in a hospital up here in Northern Maine and everyone including the doc's are getting the shots. Hoping to help stop the spread.
----- Original Message -----
From: KathyK
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] Re: Swine Flu Update

Kathy in Carmel Valley, CA - I've heard 'get the shot' from about 97% of the people I ask. I have some bug right now and after 5 days of not getting better, I'm going to see the doctor today. I still don't know the difference between flus but whatever I have, it's yucky. Still undecided about getting the shot as I have been diagnosed w/Epstein Barre and 'heard' the shot might be disadvantageous. Another question for the doc today:) Take care, everyone.

KathyK

----------------------------------------------------------
From: "midnightstarlight99@yahoo.com" <midnightstarlight99@yahoo.com>
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, October 22, 2009 8:37:49 AM
Subject: RE: [mompowergroup] Re: Swine Flu Update

My name is kriss from california ventura & I have a 3 yr old & 5 yr old .... Their doctor told us all to get both the flu shot & swine flu vac.

--- Original Message ---
From:"Kim Bruce" <kim.bruce@hpmg. com>

I find it interesting that you say "Lots of health care providers are not getting the shot". Especially because I work in healthcare and I know that most of the UCDavis Campus has received the shot as well as the Kaiser personnel in Sacramento. I'm not sure where this information is coming form but all the information the health care community is receiving states get the shot, not necessarily for your health benefit but to stop the spread...this is a Pandemic. Stop it's spread to those who are most affected the kids...

5.

Been there & I didn't leave my kids alone

Posted by: "zackandambersmom" rachelle@cox.net   zackandambersmom

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:13 am (PDT)



I was a single mother for most of my 2 children's early years. My eldest is 13 now, and I'm remarried, and I still have someone watch them if we plan to be out past 9:30.
Their father, my first husband, walked out when my youngest was 20 months. And before then he was either sleeping or never there during normal hours.
When I was by myself, I didn't have anyone, not anyone, to watch them on a semi-regular basis outside of work hours (8-5:30). No relatives, no one I could depend upon. This lady had a sister!! One of them should have been at home with the babies.
I remember a meager shopping trip for Easter basket stuff. I hid the stuff and got the salesperson to ring it up out of the kids sight. Shopping for clothes? for me? That just didn't happen very often. If it did, my children were with me.
When I had to take a few night classes for renewal hours, I called upon a church friend to watch them until 9:15 p.m. twice a week.
Being a parent is hard. It's inconvenient. Being a single parent is harder. I'm not military, but I also empathize with those whose spouse's are deployed. It's almost the same situation as I was in, and you are usually living in a city away from your family.
If what the media says is true, then this is for Marilyn Wilson: Those food stamps are for your dead nephew and his brother in the hospital, not for you. I hope DES cancels the account.
As far as the mom goes, who is to judge? Is this what her family taught her? Is this what her peers do? Is she a young mother? If so, does Tennessee give teen mothers parenting classes? Does anyone have any common sense anymore?
If she's anything like her sister is (according to the media), then she can go to prison; and hopefully there is someone out there that can rear the boy who cares for him and does have some sense. If this is the case, he'd be better off.

6.

What should happen to this mother...

Posted by: "Lorena Colin" lorena.colin@gmail.com   loricolin

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:14 am (PDT)



I don't think that prison is the answer. She should pay all fees incurred by
officials and she needs to see a psychologist or therapist of some sorts to
deal with any imbalances /misconceptions of how to go about life. Possibly
some parenting classes...I am sure this was not the kind of attention she
was desiring. This in itself must be punishment!

--
Sincerely, Lorena Colin
7.

Quaker Awaken Your Senses Competition

Posted by: "Kirstie H" kirstie_mo@yahoo.com   kirstiehague

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:55 am (PDT)



Watch the videos & vote for your favorite Quaker Instant Oatmeal creations! www.youtube.com/QuakerTalk. Twelve of the most influential bloggers have come together to share their favorite food memories. These memories have been translated into an Oatmeal Creation using Quaker Instant Oatmeal and a variety of toppings.

Visit daily to vote for your favorite inspired oatmeal creation and help a really deserving charity win $10,000!

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mom Power

Community just for Moms

Join the discussion

Yahoo! Groups

Dog Zone

Connect w/others

who love dogs.

Yahoo! Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Car groups and more!

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment