Wednesday, November 30, 2011

[Everything doTERRA] Skin reaction... allergic reaction

Last week my daughter (2 yrs old) started getting a rash on her
shoulder. The next day it moved down under her arms and covered her
sides completely. I took her to the doctor and they said it was
eczema. They gave us a light steriod cream and said to just do it a
few days. After the first day I was just feeling Off... I'm pregnant
and thought that maybe by applying the cream, it was giving me a weird
side effect and made me worried so I stopped the treatment. I looked
up eczema on this site and found some alternative remedies, such as
virgin coconut oil, melaleuca and lavendar. I started doing this and
noticed it almost irritated the skin more. The skin looked raised and
swollen. I did thick creams that were free of fragrance. Then I
noticed she started breaking out on her legs, just above the back of
the knees.
Last night, she was up for a few hours, unable to sleep because the
itch was too much to handle and nothing was helping. I took her back
to a different doctor that has helped me with a rash in the past and
he prescribed a light oral steroid so that I would not have any
reactions to it and said it looked like she was having an allergic
reaction. Call me a hypocondriac but I haven't been able to give her
this medication yet :( I worry that it may not be good for her,
especially for the course of 7 days. My husband insists that I give
it to her tonight, but the side effects have insomnia in there and I
don't think it will help her sleep.
I don't know what to do. I want my baby girl to be well. She seems
okay throughout the day, but the night time is when she really
stuggles. Help!!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment