Thursday, November 18, 2010

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Is Onguard safe for babies?

My problem with using OnGuard on my baby is that he wouldn't sleep. Two months old, 8-9 hours of no sleep. I wouldn't say he was unhappy or fussy, but it's utterly exhausting dealing with a baby that acts like they popped a couple no-doz. I suspected the rosemary, since it's used as a stimulant too.
 
There were a couple incidents where my baby would be sleeping, then start getting really twitchy/jerky and eyes rolling. I'd just touch him or pick him up and he'd stop, I wouldn't exactly call them seizures. On the other hand, my brother deals with Grand Mal seizures... so there's that complication too.
 
By the way, OnGuard will pass through the breastmilk. I was thinking I would take OnGuard and boost my own immunity for the baby, but he was just as awake as if he was taking it. Now my husband is the only one using it.
 
At this time, we put Wild Orange on my baby's feet everyday (the first oil in the OnGuard blend). If I had it, I would be adding Melissa too. And we've been using Balance on his feet since he was hours old. Perhaps when he's a year old, we'll try OnGuard again.
 
Leah
 


 
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:08 PM, izidy <esmith2374@yahoo.com> wrote:
Is onguard safe to use on babies? I heard that you can put onguard on
a babies feet with a carrier oil and not have a problem with it. But,
I also read that rosemary and eucalyptus can cause seizures in babies.
That concerns me since those ingredients are in the onguard.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment