Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Need Updated Info about Flying with Oils

I think it depends on the airport you're in. Or the particular TSA
people that you're dealing with at the time. I was flying with my
best friend a couple of months back and I went through with just a
couple of bottles of my oils in my carry on, no prob. She went
through with her ziploc baggy of oils in a different check station and
they totally stopped her, did the whole bomb test, stopped our whole
group we were travelling with, etc. They almost confiscated her oils!
This was at the SLC airport. I know of another girl who got her oils
confiscated at the SLC airport at the security check point. I always
just put mine in my checked luggage to be safe. I travel a lot and
don't want to have any problems! I get frequent headaches and
normally take a small little 5ml bottle of peppermint oil with me in
my purse. If they confiscate that, oh well. I'll have my bigger
bottle in my checked bag. I've never had a problem with the small
bottle of peppermint oil.

Good luck!

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM, melissa densley
<melissadensley@gmail.com> wrote:
> I travel for work and have not had any problems. I take several 5ml and 15ml
> bottles in my carry on. For the flight home a few weeks ago I couldn't find
> my quart sized plastic bag that I originally had them in so I just took them
> out of my dr mom cloth bag and put them in one of the little bins that u put
> watches etc in. They simply looked at them and asked if they were herbal and
> I said yes and I was on my way.
> I am also flying out again Friday and am glad I don't have to stress over it
> this time:) especially if you just have them in the 5/8 drams you should
> have no problem.
>
> Hope this helps:)
> -melissa
>
> On Nov 3, 2010 1:38 PM, "Patricia Leavitt" <doterradiscover@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Carry your oils in a plastic bag and put them in your carry on. They will
> usually not do or say anything at all. If so, it is your medications.
>
> Pat
>
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM, JRW <silverdishes@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We are flying out Friday an...
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment