Monday, November 22, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Sugar Scrub

Here's a great edible sugar scrub for lips....3 parts white frosting
sugar (it's very fine), 1 part regular sugar, couple drops of the
following oils: cranberry seed oil, lemon oil & almond oil. I don't
have exact measurements, pretty much ab lib the amounts & adjust
accordingly. You want to produce a thick paste consistency, not a
runny consistency.

Deborah

On Nov 22, 2:34 pm, ftballwidow <doterracptgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> good points. thanks.  yes we should be careful especially when making
> for others.  The shower is just a breeding ground w/ all the water and
> humidity.
>
> thanks for the tips.
>
> On Nov 22, 1:58 pm, Julie Lutz <lut...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > I use mine up quickly too!!! I love it all. I'll throw out some
> > recipes tonight.
>
> > I do use grapefruit seed extract as a natural preservative. The
> > problem is that once water is introduced into the mixture, it will
> > grow mold / bacteria quickly. You may not even be able to smell or see
> > it but it can be there forming. So, while we do not make scrubs with
> > water, water easily gets introduced when you leave it in the shower or
> > if you are not wiping your hands dry before dipping into the jar to
> > scoop some out or wiping off a scooper before sticking it in to get
> > scrub out. So, to be honest, I don't worry about it when I make it for
> > myself but god fobid I sell one to a customer without the
> > preservative. Yikes! It might be ok but I don't like to take the
> > chance. Problem is or what all my research has told me is that EO's
> > alone in the mixture will not prevent the mold. Or actually they could
> > but you'd have to add ALOT to the mixture when you could just add a
> > smidge of GSE and be ok. Just be sure you know your GSE is fully
> > natural. Some vendors will get the extract using methods that would
> > not be considered natural. The ones who do it right usually explain
> > the process or product pretty well on the website. I like getting it
> > from Mountain Rose Herbs online because I trust the quality of their
> > products.
>
> > Hope this helps!
>
> > On Nov 22, 2:47 pm, ftballwidow <doterracptgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > yes, Julie, please throw a couple of recipes our way.
>
> > > I usually do a blend of brown sugar and white sugar, FCO and then add
> > > whatever oils I want.
>
> > > And also Julie, I noticed you use Grapeseed extract, isn't that to
> > > preserve it naturally? Would some of doterra's essential oils work for
> > > that also?
>
> > > I use mine up so quickly and I use FCO and regular coconut  oil have a
> > > super long shelf life so I'm thinking I have been safe and no bad
> > > smells have ever occured.  I keep them in the shower.  But then again,
> > > I'm not selling these to anyone.
>
> > > On Nov 22, 12:59 pm, Patricia Leavitt <doterradisco...@gmail.com>
> > > wrote:
>
> > > > You are the new scrub gehru!! Thank you so much for the info. Send me a
> > > > recipe, I want to make some.
> > > > You truly are amazing!!
>
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Pat
>
> > > > On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 12:30 PM, ftballwidow <doterracptgo...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > > > Oh Pat, girl, sugar is an alpha hyrdroxy acid so it exfoliates your
> > > > > skin, tones it, lessens wrinkles.  You are missing out.  It is great
> > > > > unless of course you are allergic.  If you use salt, I think you may
> > > > > love sugar, salt has its benefits like you mentioned, but sugar is
> > > > > less abrasive but you get even better smoothing over time because of
> > > > > it being an AHA.  You could also do a mixture salt and sugard.  I have
> > > > > done that and I always end up going back to just sugar.  I do use salt
> > > > > for my feet and to soak in the bath but I never use it as a body scrub
> > > > > anymore.  Salt tends to be drying for me. And I usually throw in some
> > > > > coconut oil (not FCO) just cause its amazing for our skin.
>
> > > > > Now, why in thee world would you not want sugar scrubbed into your
> > > > > skin? I always tell people I like sugar cuz I'm sweet.  lol
>
> > > > > On Nov 21, 10:01 pm, Patricia Leavitt <doterradisco...@gmail.com>
> > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > Hi again,
> > > > > > I think because I would not want sugar scrubbed into my skin, where salt
> > > > > > removes dead skin and actually helps detox. I know either one is probably
> > > > > > okay, I just like the salt scrub better, it has minerals and such and the
> > > > > > Epson Salt helps wiht the detox.
>
> > > > > > You guys are the greatest.!!OX
>
> > > > > > Pat
>
> > > > > > On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 8:02 PM, JONATHAN SOUTHERN <southern2...@msn.com
> > > > > >wrote:
>
> > > > > > > I uderstand...you are very busy and we Appreciate you and all that you
> > > > > > > do...YOU ARE TRULY AMAZING!!! I'm not sure why the almond oil, I've
> > > > > never
> > > > > > > made a sugar scrub before. Do you have a suggestion as to how to make
> > > > > > > them??? I know that there is a difference between a salt scrub and a
> > > > > sugar
> > > > > > > scrub, but that's all I know.
>
> > > > > > > ------------------------------
> > > > > > > Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:45:20 -0700
> > > > > > > Subject: Re: [Everything doTERRA] Sugar Scrub
> > > > > > > From: doterradisco...@gmail.com
> > > > > > > To: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>
> > > > > > > When I do a sugar scrub I don't use any oil at all, with the exception
> > > > > of
> > > > > > > the essential oils.
> > > > > > > Why is she adding sweet almond oil? It really shouldn't hurt anything.
>
> > > > > > > I hope you guys will forgive me for being such a flake about getting
> > > > > the
> > > > > > > stuff sent to you. I will
> > > > > > > be going to UPS first thing in the morning to send the Physician kit
> > > > > and
> > > > > > > the salt.
>
> > > > > > > thanks,
> > > > > > > pat
>
> > > > > > > On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 7:33 PM, smsouthern <southern2...@msn.com>
> > > > > wrote:
>
> > > > > > > A friend of mine is making a sugar scrub for a craft fair and she
> > > > > > > asked me if sweet almond oil affects the oils in any way. I looked in
> > > > > > > the forum and couldn't find any info. Does anyone know if almond oil
> > > > > > > is okay to use????
>
> > > > > > > --
> > > > > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > > > > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > > > > > To post to this group, send email to
> > > > > everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > > > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­­­­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > <everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > > > > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com
>
> > > > > > > --
> > > > > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > > > > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > > > > > To post to this group, send email to
> > > > > everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > > > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­­­­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > <everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > > > > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com
>
> > > > > > > --
> > > > > > >  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > > > > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > > > > > To post to this group, send email to
> > > > > everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > > > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­­­­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > <everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > > > > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com-Hidequotedtext-
>
> > > > > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > > > > --
> > > > >  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > > > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­­­­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com-Hidequotedtext -
>
> > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment