Tuesday, November 23, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Sugar Scrub

I just made my own scrub for the shower. You can do so many fancy
things but the easiest is simply add a cup of white sugar or mix equal
parts of brown and white or just use brown sugar, add enough oils to
make the mixture wet (I like it a little runny because my dry skin
soaks up the extra oil). Use only FCO or mix equal parts of your
favorite oils. I use FCO and Grapeseed oil. Virgin 76 degree melt
coconut oil is awesome if you plan to use it within about 2 weeks. Its
much richer and more moisturizing but if it goes longer than that, it
may harden a bit. Sunflower seed oil, safflower, etc.....any carrier
oil works. Mix, add EO or EO blend. My favorites are lemon,
peppermint, pure organic vanilla extract goes amazing with the brown
sugar, lavender, rose, etc. Experiment with your own blend but
literally its that simple.

You can also use half brown sugar and half ground coffee beans.

On Nov 22, 11:46 pm, Pacifica815 <pacifica...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a great edible sugar scrub for lips....3 parts white frosting
> sugar (it's very fine), 1 part regular sugar, couple drops of the
> following oils: cranberry seed oil, lemon oil & almond oil.  I don't
> have exact measurements, pretty much ab lib the amounts & adjust
> accordingly.  You want to produce a thick paste consistency, not a
> runny consistency.
>
> Deborah
>
> On Nov 22, 2:34 pm, ftballwidow <doterracptgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > good points. thanks.  yes we should be careful especially when making
> > for others.  The shower is just a breeding ground w/ all the water and
> > humidity.
>
> > thanks for the tips.
>
> > On Nov 22, 1:58 pm, Julie Lutz <lut...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I use mine up quickly too!!! I love it all. I'll throw out some
> > > recipes tonight.
>
> > > I do use grapefruit seed extract as a natural preservative. The
> > > problem is that once water is introduced into the mixture, it will
> > > grow mold / bacteria quickly. You may not even be able to smell or see
> > > it but it can be there forming. So, while we do not make scrubs with
> > > water, water easily gets introduced when you leave it in the shower or
> > > if you are not wiping your hands dry before dipping into the jar to
> > > scoop some out or wiping off a scooper before sticking it in to get
> > > scrub out. So, to be honest, I don't worry about it when I make it for
> > > myself but god fobid I sell one to a customer without the
> > > preservative. Yikes! It might be ok but I don't like to take the
> > > chance. Problem is or what all my research has told me is that EO's
> > > alone in the mixture will not prevent the mold. Or actually they could
> > > but you'd have to add ALOT to the mixture when you could just add a
> > > smidge of GSE and be ok. Just be sure you know your GSE is fully
> > > natural. Some vendors will get the extract using methods that would
> > > not be considered natural. The ones who do it right usually explain
> > > the process or product pretty well on the website. I like getting it
> > > from Mountain Rose Herbs online because I trust the quality of their
> > > products.
>
> > > Hope this helps!
>
> > > On Nov 22, 2:47 pm, ftballwidow <doterracptgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > yes, Julie, please throw a couple of recipes our way.
>
> > > > I usually do a blend of brown sugar and white sugar, FCO and then add
> > > > whatever oils I want.
>
> > > > And also Julie, I noticed you use Grapeseed extract, isn't that to
> > > > preserve it naturally? Would some of doterra's essential oils work for
> > > > that also?
>
> > > > I use mine up so quickly and I use FCO and regular coconut  oil have a
> > > > super long shelf life so I'm thinking I have been safe and no bad
> > > > smells have ever occured.  I keep them in the shower.  But then again,
> > > > I'm not selling these to anyone.
>
> > > > On Nov 22, 12:59 pm, Patricia Leavitt <doterradisco...@gmail.com>
> > > > wrote:
>
> > > > > You are the new scrub gehru!! Thank you so much for the info. Send me a
> > > > > recipe, I want to make some.
> > > > > You truly are amazing!!
>
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > Pat
>
> > > > > On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 12:30 PM, ftballwidow <doterracptgo...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > > > > Oh Pat, girl, sugar is an alpha hyrdroxy acid so it exfoliates your
> > > > > > skin, tones it, lessens wrinkles.  You are missing out.  It is great
> > > > > > unless of course you are allergic.  If you use salt, I think you may
> > > > > > love sugar, salt has its benefits like you mentioned, but sugar is
> > > > > > less abrasive but you get even better smoothing over time because of
> > > > > > it being an AHA.  You could also do a mixture salt and sugard.  I have
> > > > > > done that and I always end up going back to just sugar.  I do use salt
> > > > > > for my feet and to soak in the bath but I never use it as a body scrub
> > > > > > anymore.  Salt tends to be drying for me. And I usually throw in some
> > > > > > coconut oil (not FCO) just cause its amazing for our skin.
>
> > > > > > Now, why in thee world would you not want sugar scrubbed into your
> > > > > > skin? I always tell people I like sugar cuz I'm sweet.  lol
>
> > > > > > On Nov 21, 10:01 pm, Patricia Leavitt <doterradisco...@gmail.com>
> > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > Hi again,
> > > > > > > I think because I would not want sugar scrubbed into my skin, where salt
> > > > > > > removes dead skin and actually helps detox. I know either one is probably
> > > > > > > okay, I just like the salt scrub better, it has minerals and such and the
> > > > > > > Epson Salt helps wiht the detox.
>
> > > > > > > You guys are the greatest.!!OX
>
> > > > > > > Pat
>
> > > > > > > On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 8:02 PM, JONATHAN SOUTHERN <southern2...@msn.com
> > > > > > >wrote:
>
> > > > > > > > I uderstand...you are very busy and we Appreciate you and all that you
> > > > > > > > do...YOU ARE TRULY AMAZING!!! I'm not sure why the almond oil, I've
> > > > > > never
> > > > > > > > made a sugar scrub before. Do you have a suggestion as to how to make
> > > > > > > > them??? I know that there is a difference between a salt scrub and a
> > > > > > sugar
> > > > > > > > scrub, but that's all I know.
>
> > > > > > > > ------------------------------
> > > > > > > > Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:45:20 -0700
> > > > > > > > Subject: Re: [Everything doTERRA] Sugar Scrub
> > > > > > > > From: doterradisco...@gmail.com
> > > > > > > > To: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>
> > > > > > > > When I do a sugar scrub I don't use any oil at all, with the exception
> > > > > > of
> > > > > > > > the essential oils.
> > > > > > > > Why is she adding sweet almond oil? It really shouldn't hurt anything.
>
> > > > > > > > I hope you guys will forgive me for being such a flake about getting
> > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > stuff sent to you. I will
> > > > > > > > be going to UPS first thing in the morning to send the Physician kit
> > > > > > and
> > > > > > > > the salt.
>
> > > > > > > > thanks,
> > > > > > > > pat
>
> > > > > > > > On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 7:33 PM, smsouthern <southern2...@msn.com>
> > > > > > wrote:
>
> > > > > > > > A friend of mine is making a sugar scrub for a craft fair and she
> > > > > > > > asked me if sweet almond oil affects the oils in any way. I looked in
> > > > > > > > the forum and couldn't find any info. Does anyone know if almond oil
> > > > > > > > is okay to use????
>
> > > > > > > > --
> > > > > > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > > > > > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > > > > > > To post to this group, send email to
> > > > > > everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > > > > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­­­­­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > > <everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > > > > > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com
>
> > > > > > > > --
> > > > > > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > > > > > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > > > > > > To post to this group, send email to
> > > > > > everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > > > > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­­­­­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > > <everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > > > > > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com
>
> > > > > > > > --
> > > > > > > >  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > > > > > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > > > > > > To post to this group, send email to
> > > > > > everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > > > > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­­­­­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > > <everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > > > > > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com-Hidequotedtext-
>
> > > > > > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > > > > > --
> > > > > >  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > > > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > > > > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­­­­­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > > > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com-Hidequotedtext-
>
> > > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment