Wednesday, November 3, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Need Updated Info about Flying with Oils

In other words....don't request a hand check on them....just let them
go through the xray machine in a quart size zip bag & they will be
fine & not end up being confiscated.

Deborah

On Nov 3, 11:04 pm, Pacifica815 <pacifica...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a corporate travel in the field of medicine (& I have been
> traveling for over 9 yrs), I travel with a minimum of 8 bottles of my
> oils in a TSA approved quart size zip bag.  I place the zip bag into
> one of the round bins & just let them go through the xray machine.
> The amount of xray being used is very, very minimal so the oils will
> be safe.  Only one time when I requested to have them hand checked
> rather than letting them go through the xray, I almost had them
> confiscated when one of them was tested as minimally positive for
> explosives!!  After that episode, I have never requested them to be
> hand checked again.  Unfortunately, the TSA agents do not realized
> that their testing equipment gives out false positives for explosive
> liquids when dealing with essential oils.  All the research that I
> have found about the amount of radiation from the check points have
> confirmed that the oils will be safe when going through those
> machines.  Like Dr. Hill states, those zip bags would have to sit
> under that xray machine for a long period of time to do any harm to
> the oils.  I place all my other extra oils in a padded travel case,
> which is kept in my checked luggage and that way once I'm checked into
> my hotel, I can have access to any oil at any given time.
>
> The only people that I know of that have had their oils confiscated,
> were those that requested a hand check and when the TSA ran the test
> on it and received a false positive result, then you can kiss those
> oils goodbye.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Deborah
>
> On Nov 3, 9:58 pm, Maree Cottam <maree_cot...@msn.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > I don't get it either:) my aunt has had oils confiscated out of Salt Lake and New York:( all in a bag-all said meds, natural...I have not flown yet so I am not sure what I would do... my mom is heading to seattle and I don't know what to tell her:) hmmmmm?!
>
> > Maree
>
> > > Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:00:50 -0600
> > > Subject: Re: [Everything doTERRA] Need Updated Info about Flying with Oils
> > > From: cristibast...@gmail.com
> > > To: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>
> > > I think it depends on the airport you're in.  Or the particular TSA
> > > people that you're dealing with at the time.  I was flying with my
> > > best friend a couple of months back and I went through with just a
> > > couple of bottles of my oils in my carry on, no prob.  She went
> > > through with her ziploc baggy of oils in a different check station and
> > > they totally stopped her, did the whole bomb test, stopped our whole
> > > group we were travelling with, etc.  They almost confiscated her oils!
> > >  This was at the SLC airport.  I know of another girl who got her oils
> > > confiscated at the SLC airport at the security check point.  I always
> > > just put mine in my checked luggage to be safe.  I travel a lot and
> > > don't want to have any problems!  I get frequent headaches and
> > > normally take a small little 5ml bottle of peppermint oil with me in
> > > my purse.  If they confiscate that, oh well.  I'll have my bigger
> > > bottle in my checked bag.  I've never had a problem with the small
> > > bottle of peppermint oil.
>
> > > Good luck!
>
> > > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM, melissa densley
> > > <melissadens...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > I travel for work and have not had any problems. I take several 5ml and 15ml
> > > > bottles in my carry on. For the flight home a few weeks ago I couldn't find
> > > > my quart sized plastic bag that I originally had them in so I just took them
> > > > out of my dr mom cloth bag and put them in one of the little bins that u put
> > > > watches etc in. They simply looked at them and asked if they were herbal and
> > > > I said yes and I was on my way.
> > > > I am also flying out again Friday and am glad I don't have to stress over it
> > > > this time:) especially if you just have them in the 5/8 drams you should
> > > > have no problem.
>
> > > > Hope this helps:)
> > > > -melissa
>
> > > > On Nov 3, 2010 1:38 PM, "Patricia Leavitt" <doterradisco...@gmail.com>
> > > > wrote:
>
> > > > Carry your oils in a plastic bag and put them in your carry on. They will
> > > > usually not do or say anything at all. If so, it is your medications.
>
> > > > Pat
>
> > > > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM, JRW <silverdis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > >> We are flying out Friday an...
>
> > > > --
> > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com
>
> > > --
> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com-Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment