Wednesday, November 3, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Need Updated Info about Flying with Oils

As a corporate travel in the field of medicine (& I have been
traveling for over 9 yrs), I travel with a minimum of 8 bottles of my
oils in a TSA approved quart size zip bag. I place the zip bag into
one of the round bins & just let them go through the xray machine.
The amount of xray being used is very, very minimal so the oils will
be safe. Only one time when I requested to have them hand checked
rather than letting them go through the xray, I almost had them
confiscated when one of them was tested as minimally positive for
explosives!! After that episode, I have never requested them to be
hand checked again. Unfortunately, the TSA agents do not realized
that their testing equipment gives out false positives for explosive
liquids when dealing with essential oils. All the research that I
have found about the amount of radiation from the check points have
confirmed that the oils will be safe when going through those
machines. Like Dr. Hill states, those zip bags would have to sit
under that xray machine for a long period of time to do any harm to
the oils. I place all my other extra oils in a padded travel case,
which is kept in my checked luggage and that way once I'm checked into
my hotel, I can have access to any oil at any given time.

The only people that I know of that have had their oils confiscated,
were those that requested a hand check and when the TSA ran the test
on it and received a false positive result, then you can kiss those
oils goodbye.

Hope this helps,
Deborah

On Nov 3, 9:58 pm, Maree Cottam <maree_cot...@msn.com> wrote:
> I don't get it either:) my aunt has had oils confiscated out of Salt Lake and New York:( all in a bag-all said meds, natural...I have not flown yet so I am not sure what I would do... my mom is heading to seattle and I don't know what to tell her:) hmmmmm?!
>
> Maree
>
>
>
> > Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:00:50 -0600
> > Subject: Re: [Everything doTERRA] Need Updated Info about Flying with Oils
> > From: cristibast...@gmail.com
> > To: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>
> > I think it depends on the airport you're in.  Or the particular TSA
> > people that you're dealing with at the time.  I was flying with my
> > best friend a couple of months back and I went through with just a
> > couple of bottles of my oils in my carry on, no prob.  She went
> > through with her ziploc baggy of oils in a different check station and
> > they totally stopped her, did the whole bomb test, stopped our whole
> > group we were travelling with, etc.  They almost confiscated her oils!
> >  This was at the SLC airport.  I know of another girl who got her oils
> > confiscated at the SLC airport at the security check point.  I always
> > just put mine in my checked luggage to be safe.  I travel a lot and
> > don't want to have any problems!  I get frequent headaches and
> > normally take a small little 5ml bottle of peppermint oil with me in
> > my purse.  If they confiscate that, oh well.  I'll have my bigger
> > bottle in my checked bag.  I've never had a problem with the small
> > bottle of peppermint oil.
>
> > Good luck!
>
> > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM, melissa densley
> > <melissadens...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I travel for work and have not had any problems. I take several 5ml and 15ml
> > > bottles in my carry on. For the flight home a few weeks ago I couldn't find
> > > my quart sized plastic bag that I originally had them in so I just took them
> > > out of my dr mom cloth bag and put them in one of the little bins that u put
> > > watches etc in. They simply looked at them and asked if they were herbal and
> > > I said yes and I was on my way.
> > > I am also flying out again Friday and am glad I don't have to stress over it
> > > this time:) especially if you just have them in the 5/8 drams you should
> > > have no problem.
>
> > > Hope this helps:)
> > > -melissa
>
> > > On Nov 3, 2010 1:38 PM, "Patricia Leavitt" <doterradisco...@gmail.com>
> > > wrote:
>
> > > Carry your oils in a plastic bag and put them in your carry on. They will
> > > usually not do or say anything at all. If so, it is your medications.
>
> > > Pat
>
> > > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM, JRW <silverdis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >> We are flying out Friday an...
>
> > > --
> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://www.everythingdoterra.com- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment