Tuesday, September 28, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Peppermint and Bleeding

For the love of Pete!!
What is with this peppermint oil??
Since I posted this at the beginning of August, I haven't touched the
peppermint.
I take the vitamins and use the Breathe blend and Slim and Sassy just
fine.
However, last night I as feeling nauseated and I was too scared to use
the peppermint topically, so I put it in my diffuser.
Of course I get a bloody nose!! What the?? Apparently peppermint oil
hates me and likes to make me bleed.

On Aug 3, 10:51 am, Julia <sunspr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Peppermintis an emmenagogue. Emmenagogues are herbs which stimulate
> blood flow in the pelvic area and uterus; some stimulate menstruation.
> Some of the Emmenagogues that we carry also include: Chamomile, Clary
> Sage, Cinnamon, Ginger, Marjoram, Myrrh, and Rosemary. Some women
> report that they can use these oils during pregnancy without any
> problem. I used both Ginger andPeppermintduring pregnancy for
> morning sickness. However, everyone is different. During a pregnancy,
> check for sensitivity by putting a small amount on your wrist and see
> how you feel. You can also muscle test and see if it is appropriate
> for you. You are the best expert when it comes to your own body, so
> ask yourself if you should take it.
> Googling essential oils and pregnancy will give you a good idea of
> what you can use safely, however, we are dealing with a pure oil,
> where the oils that many articles are based on have petrochemicals and
> fillers in them, which also cause problems, so take that with a grain
> of salt.
> There ispeppermintin the vitamins, and they are being used during
> pregnancy. I would say, if you are sensitive topeppermint, lay off of
> it during a pregnancy, or limit yourself to the amount that you are
> using.
> I would also call doTerra's office and talk to someone who knows the
> oils there (like Emily).
>
> Happy Oiling!
> Love, Julia
>
> On Aug 3, 7:52 am, Robert James <idote...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > That is VERY interesting.
>
> > Peppermints main constituent is menthol, but it does have salicylates which
> > is in fact a natural blood thinner.  However I have never heard of the use
> > ofpeppermintcausingbleeding.  However, being it does contain salicytates,
> > it would be foolish to say that it does not thin the blood.
>
> > I would be careful the times that I usepeppermint.  It is my favorite oils
> > and I could write for hours about the benefits of it, especially our CPTG
> > brand.  And the notion that the doTERRA brand is a great natural blood
> > thinner may be fantastic knowledge to have!
>
> > Thank you for your story.  And definitely enjoypeppermint, I would just be
> > careful during times of discharge.
>
> > Rob
>
> > On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:14 PM, KelliDonna <kellido...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I am brand new to using oils but have noticed what could be either an
> > > odd coincidence or a possible reaction topeppermint.
> > > Several years ago while I was a few months pregnant I put some
> > >peppermintoil on the bottom of my feet and I immediately started
> > >bleedingand I thought I was going to lose the baby. Fortunately
> > > everything was fine after about a day. I never touched oils again
> > > until the past week. I again applied thepeppermintto the bottom of
> > > my feet and on my forehead and the back of my neck a few seperate
> > > times. I have 2 more weeks until I am supposed to get my period and I
> > > have beenbleedingfor about 5 days. I'm wondering if maybe I
> > > shouldn't use thepeppermint? I would love any opinions and advice!!
>
> > > --
> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<everythingdoterra%2Bunsubscr­ibe@googlegroups.com>
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com
>
> > --
> > Please note my address change.... idote...@gmail.com
>
> > A few of my favorite things:
>
> >http://www.everythingdoterra.com- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment