Thursday, December 31, 2009

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 270

Messages In This Digest (11 Messages)

1a.
Re: Car Seat question From: Carrie's Side E-mail
1b.
Re: Car Seat question From: Gloria Hernandez
1c.
Re: Car Seat question From: kent_brunette@yahoo.com
1d.
Re: Car Seat question From: Jody Mort
1e.
Re: Car Seat question From: Kirstie H
2a.
Re: playing alone From: Sarika Bhat
3.1.
Re: hello From: calfo4084@aol.com
4.
food to five months old baby From: Banumathi
5a.
Re: article From: 5kidswdisabilities@gmail.com
6.
charades From: sarika8282
7a.
Re: Christmas Greetings Thanks From: calfo4084@aol.com

Messages

1a.

Re: Car Seat question

Posted by: "Carrie's Side E-mail" adens_mommi@yahoo.com   adens_mommi

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:23 am (PST)



At 5 months he needs to stay in an infant carseat.... There are requirement on carseats that go with height and weight. So u won't be ready for a new car seat until the child is more than 1 year old (depending on his height and weight). If u feel like getting a brand new one a 3-n-1 convertible carseat is good. U can still use it for rear-facing and then use ir for forward facing when ur child is ready. Rear facing is the saddest for infants and children over one years old. Again depending on height and weight. All carseat makers typically make 3-n-1 convertibles. Clothing size doesn't matter. My son started wearing12- 24 month clothing at 6months. But that doesn't mean too much. Hope this helps u out

Aden's Mommy

On Dec 29, 2009, at 8:32 AM, Frank Schoch <fschoch@ymail.com> wrote:

I understand you problem my son is 1 & he is wearing cloths for a 5 year old child as for the carseats I don't have a favorate I recieved a hand me down I believe it is a greko that will adjust to your grandson, but ask the sales clerk when you are at the store that is what they are there for good luck Karen
________________________________
From: Terri S <terri_sanders@sbcglobal.net>

I am looking to replace my grandson's infant carseat with the next larger one. There are too many to choose from! I have a 2 door truck that I have to "climb" into because I am a bit on the short side. My grandson, at 5 months is already wearing 12-18 month size clothes - he is a big boy.

1b.

Re: Car Seat question

Posted by: "Gloria Hernandez" gthome36@yahoo.com   gthome36

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:24 am (PST)



Before you go out and spend alot of money you should look into craigslist. You'll get them cheap and you can always review the product ahead of time. Most of them are in brand new condition. Good luck!!!!

--- On Tue, 12/29/09, Frank Schoch <fschoch@ymail.com> wrote:

From: Frank Schoch <fschoch@ymail.com>
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] Car Seat question
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 4:32 PM

 

I understand you problem my son is 1 & he is wearing cloths for a 5 year old child as for the carseats I don't have a favorate I recieved a hand me down I believe it is a greko that will adjust to your grandson, but ask the sales clerk when you are at the store that is what they are there for good luck Karen

____________ _________ _________ __

From: Terri S <terri_sanders@ sbcglobal. net>

I am looking to replace my grandson's infant carseat with the next larger one.  There are too many to choose from!  I have a 2 door truck that I have to "climb" into because I am a bit on the short side.  My grandson, at 5 months is already wearing 12-18 month size clothes - he is a big boy.

1c.

Re: Car Seat question

Posted by: "kent_brunette@yahoo.com" kent_brunette@yahoo.com   kent_brunette

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:24 am (PST)



try this link and see if it answers your question

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=car+seat+questions&aq=f&aqi=g-m1&oq=&fp=b36c7832dbb01be6

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Terri S" <terri_sanders@...> wrote:
>
> I am looking to replace my grandson's infant carseat with the next larger one. There are too many to choose from! I have a 2 door truck that I have to "climb" into because I am a bit on the short side. My grandson, at 5 months is already wearing 12-18 month size clothes - he is a big boy.
>
> Does anybody out there have any pro's & con's on their car seats they would like to share with me before I spend the $200+ ?? (The infant car seat we purchased was a lemon and we are so angry about it that we do not want to make that mistake again!)
>
> Thank you.
> Terri S.
> Gran
>

1d.

Re: Car Seat question

Posted by: "Jody Mort" jlmort19@yahoo.com   jlmort19

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:26 am (PST)



If you go to a store like wal-mart or target where the seats are out on display it will be best. Then you could put your grandson in & see how he fits.. Also even if he is a big boy in one of the larger ones he may need one of the headrest things you can buy extra to put in to keep his head more stable especially when he fall asleep. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Jody

________________________________
From: Terri S <terri_sanders@sbcglobal.net>
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, December 29, 2009 9:01:07 AM
Subject: [mompowergroup] Car Seat question

 
I am looking to replace my grandson's infant carseat with the next larger one. There are too many to choose from! I have a 2 door truck that I have to "climb" into because I am a bit on the short side. My grandson, at 5 months is already wearing 12-18 month size clothes - he is a big boy.

Does anybody out there have any pro's & con's on their car seats they would like to share with me before I spend the $200+ ?? (The infant car seat we purchased was a lemon and we are so angry about it that we do not want to make that mistake again!)

Thank you.
Terri S.
Gran

__.._,_.___
Reply to sender | Reply to group Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity: * New Members 22
Visit Your Group Start a New Topic
MARKETPLACE
Going Green: Your Yahoo! Groups resource for green living

________________________________

Parenting Zone: Your community resource for family and home

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use
.

1e.

Re: Car Seat question

Posted by: "Kirstie H" kirstie_mo@yahoo.com   kirstiehague

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:51 am (PST)



Be VERY careful about purchasing used carseats. Most manufacturers warn against resale, and organizations such as Goodwill no longer take used car seats. There's no way to tell if they have been damaged or involved in an accident, and a used carseat *can* present a danger to your child. If you get a used one, your best bet is to get it from family or friends who you trust to indicate that it's never been in an accident, and CHECK the product recall list to make sure the car seat isn't on it!

kirstie
Moderator, Mom power group

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, Gloria Hernandez <gthome36@...> wrote:
>
> Before you go out and spend alot of money you should look into craigslist. You'll get them cheap and you can always review the product ahead of time. Most of them are in brand new condition. Good luck!!!!
>
>
>
> ____________ _________ _________ __
>
> From: Terri S <terri_sanders@ sbcglobal. net>
>
> I am looking to replace my grandson's infant carseat with the next larger one.  There are too many to choose from!  I have a 2 door truck that I have to "climb" into because I am a bit on the short side.  My grandson, at 5 months is already wearing 12-18 month size clothes - he is a big boy.
>

2a.

Re: playing alone

Posted by: "Sarika Bhat" sarika8282@yahoo.com   sarika8282

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:23 am (PST)



Hi Liana,
 
No, my daughter doesn't play alone in other circumstances!  so therefore i'm not really expecting her to do the puzzle by herself while i watch tv!  however what surprises me is that even if i'm directly in front of her asking her to do the puzzle, she doesn't do it.  she wants me to do it, even though i'm pretty sure she knows where some of the pieces go, at least the obvious ones.
 
 
playing alone
Posted by: "liana precup" liafan_2000@yahoo.com   liafan_2000
Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:50 am (PST)
Dear Sarika,
 
Does your daughter play alone in other circumstances? Is it about the ability of doing puzles or about the ability/habit of playing alone?
 
Liana
 
 
Posted by: "Sarika Bhat" sarika8282@yahoo. com   sarika8282
Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:55 pm (PST)

i have a daughter who will be 3 in february and we have started doing some 24 piece puzzles.  she likes to do them as long as i'm right in front of her telling her exactly where the pieces go!  or she'll take a 50 piece puzzle and ask me to do the whole thing whiel she watches me.  i was just wondering if your kids do puzzles, and at what age do they start doing them independently?  thanks!!

3.1.

Re: hello

Posted by: "calfo4084@aol.com" calfo4084@aol.com   gourmetcookwarecorp

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:23 am (PST)



Hi very glad you have joined this group. I am from the USA. How far away
are you. Have a blessed New Year. Sincerely, Calf4084@aol.com
4.

food to five months old baby

Posted by: "Banumathi" mathimsw1@yahoo.com   mathimsw1

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:24 am (PST)



Hi

I am Banu,Now my son is five months old,I am not yet start the solid food,is it correct time to give solid food and what type of solid food i introduce first .Please help me

Regards
Banu

5a.

Re: article

Posted by: "5kidswdisabilities@gmail.com" 5kidswdisabilities@gmail.com   fivekidswdisabilities

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:25 am (PST)



I am so sorry...I didn't realize that people had to register to open my
article on Exceptional Parent. Instead, I have included it as the first
article on my blog at http://5kidswdisabilities.wordpress.com
Thanks! Lindsey

On Dec 28, 2009 8:03pm, 5kidswdisabilities@gmail.com wrote:
> I am so excited that an article I've written has appeared in Exceptional
> Parent Magazine!!!
> http://www.eparent.com/main_channels_family_community/Raising_5_Kids_With_Disabilities_and_Remaining_Sane_Blog.asp
> Lindsey Petersen
6.

charades

Posted by: "sarika8282" sarika8282@yahoo.com   sarika8282

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:25 am (PST)



i'm looking for some ideas for words or phrases for charades. we plan to play on new years eve. there will be kids and adults, although i imagine the adults will do most of the guessing. when it's a kid's turn, it would be nice to have a list for the kids to act out.

i've been looking on the internet and i only see movies, books, celebrities, etc. i was looking for more general things, like "sky" or "mountain." we have a wide range of people at the party, and movies or books won't work well.

thanks!!

7a.

Re: Christmas Greetings Thanks

Posted by: "calfo4084@aol.com" calfo4084@aol.com   gourmetcookwarecorp

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:26 am (PST)



Your Christmas greeting was so very beautiful. Yes we all shoud pray for
our children and world peace. We should all love one another., no matter
where we are. God bless you and your family.. I am a grandmother, and have
beautiful grandchildren. Tell me about you. Love Kay.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Hollywood kids

in the spotlight

Their moms

share secrets

Yahoo! Groups

Going Green

Resources and tips

for green living

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Tips for family,

kids and living

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment