Saturday, December 26, 2009

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 266

Messages In This Digest (7 Messages)

1.
Hi friends... From: Irenzhere
2a.
Re: Christmas story From: Skye Blue
2b.
Re: Christmas story From: MARIAN ASEMAYUWA
2c.
Re: Christmas story From: renuka rajan
3a.
Re: christmas From: Frank Schoch
4.
Christmas Greetings From: trini#1
5.1.
Re: hello From: deepti pant

Messages

1.

Hi friends...

Posted by: "Irenzhere" ren_9283@yahoo.com   ren_9283

Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:21 am (PST)



Dear all
My name is Irena. I have 1 daughter, her name is Zahra. She is turned 6y.o next year...I came from Indonesia. I hope I can share information with u all in this group..
Thanx for advance

Regards,
Irena

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Sinyal Bagus XL, Nyambung Teruuusss...!
2a.

Re: Christmas story

Posted by: "Skye Blue" fireferry@hotmail.com   fireferrybelle

Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:21 am (PST)




just beauitful.....best to her and to you thur the winter season and the rest of ur fam.

Have a great day
Amy~

To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
From: 5kidswdisabilities@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:33:07 -0500
Subject: [mompowergroup] Christmas story

Happy Holidays All! I wanted to share a Christmas story about one of my five children, (taken from http://5kidswdisabilities.wordpress.com)

Lindsey Petersen

We adopted Dinora from Guatemala at the age of 6 weeks, and I was so thrilled to have a daughter!!! She came with a variety of diseases common in s 3rd World Country, scabies, intestinal parasites and malnutrition. But we loved her and fed her and she blossomed into an adorable baby with big black eyes and shiny black hair.

At the age of six months, it became apparent that Dinora was deaf. She had not yet started to babble like other babies her age, but she also did not turn to her name, or looked at the dog when she barked, or seem to notice the footsteps of me coming into her bedroom. She would be laying there awake when I walked in, (and, believe me, I am not light on my fight.) When she finally would see me, she would startle. She had not heard me. The day I knew it for sure was a day she was sitting next to me on the floor while I was doing the dishes. I accidentally dropped a huge lobster pot I was cleaning and it made a horrendous clang on the floor. Dinora happily sat there playing, her back to the pan. She did not startle. She did not cry. She did not hear it.

We then made the rounds of the doctors. She flunked regular hearing tests, and had a brain stem evoked response test. Her brain did not respond up to 90 decibels. The doctor informed me that she was severely hearing impaired and that we would try hearing aids to maximize her hearing, although they would not be strong enough for her to hear normally. They took the impressions for her ear molds.

That evening, our family went for a pre-Christmas visit to a shrine beautifully decorated with Christmas lights. I was feeling sorry for myself. I had a two year old son who was legally blind, and now I had an infant daughter who was deaf.

There was a statue of Our Lady of Lourdes surrounded by prayer water and many large candles. There was also a large display of crutches and wheelchairs of people who had been healed by her. I helped my son, Francis, who was 2 1/2 years old, light a candle. Because it was almost Christmas, and the only candles he had seen were on a birthday cake, he merrily sang "Happy Birthday Dear Jesus". I remember saying a non-de-script prayer, still upset that Dinora was deaf. I still thanked God, but was not quite as enthusiastic as usual.

The next morning, the dog barked and Dinora woke up! I thought it was a coincidence until I started to walk into her room and she turned to smile at me. She had heard my footsteps! I started talking to her and she started babbling back. Only a day earlier she had been fitted with ear molds for hearing aids! I excitedly called the doctor, who agreed to see her that day. Her hearing was tested and it was normal! Neither I nor the doctor could believe it. He said in his 29 years as an ear doctor he had never seen anything like it. He told me that it had to be an "Christmas miracle from Above". The visit the night before to the shrine came to mind. A miracle HAD occurred, and I was embarrassed because I had not thanked God more enthusiastically the night before. He had granted me a miracle even though I did not ask for one.

Dinora is now 25 years old and has had perfect hearing ever since that day!


__________________________________________________________
Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/
2b.

Re: Christmas story

Posted by: "MARIAN ASEMAYUWA" mariannguemo@yahoo.co.uk   mariannguemo

Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:23 am (PST)



 Thank God for his goodness, He does all things beautiful in his time. Oh that we may have more Miracles in our homes like this Amen

 Its been really wonderful meeting you all have a Happy Christmas and a glorious 2010.

 May the Good Lord bless every one of us and our famlies

Catch you in 2010

From Marian and Family

________________________________
From: Lindsey Petersen <5kidswdisabilities@gmail.com>

      The next morning, the dog barked and Dinora woke up!  I thought it was a coincidence until I started to walk into her room and she turned to smile at me. She had heard my footsteps!  I started talking to her and she started babbling back.  Only a day earlier she had been fitted with ear molds for hearing aids!  I excitedly called the doctor, who agreed to see her that day.  Her hearing was tested and it was normal!  Neither I nor the doctor could believe it.  He said in his 29 years as an ear doctor he had never seen anything like it.  He told me that it had to be an “Christmas miracle from Above”.  The visit the night before to the shrine came to mind.  A miracle HAD occurred, and I was  embarrassed because I had not thanked God more enthusiastically the night before. He had granted me a miracle even though I did not ask for one.
      Dinora is now 25 years old and has had perfect hearing ever since that day!

2c.

Re: Christmas story

Posted by: "renuka rajan" bk_renukarajan@yahoo.com   bk_renukarajan

Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:23 am (PST)



Merry Christmas to you and your family Madam. That is a beautiful story. Many times we dont realize that Almighty Authority, Heavenly GOD FATHER, is there waiting for His children to open up to Him. We have been too busy in life that we overlook alot of sweet things in life.

Since its Christmas time, i would like to share this lovely wordings given by someone very special in my life. Hope all of you can spare a a few minutes of your time. Maybe u would have read it before but do read from your heart!

Letter from GOD,

Sweet Child ... ...

As you got up this morning, I watched you and hoped you would talk to me, even if it was just a few words, asking my opinion or thanking me for something good that happened in your life yesterday- but I noticed you were too busy trying to find the right outfit to put on and wear to work.

I waited again. When you ran around the house getting ready, there were a few minutes for you to stop and say hello, but you were busy. At one point you had to wait fifteen minutes with nothing to do except sit in a chair Then I saw you spring to your feet. I thought you wanted to talk to me but you ran to the phone and called a friend to get the latest gossip.

I watched as you went to work and I waited patiently all day long. With all your activities I guess you were too busy to say anything to me. I noticed that before lunch you looked around, maybe you felt embarrassed to talk to me, that is why you didn't bow your head. You glanced three or four tables over and you noticed some of your friends talking to me briefly before they ate but you didn't. That's okay.

There is still more time left, and I had hoped that you would talk to me, yet you went home and it seems as if you had lots of things to do. After a few of them were done you turned on the TV, I don't know if you like TV or not, just about anything goes there and you spend a lot of time each day in front of it - thinking about anything - just enjoying the show. I waited patiently again as you watched the TV and ate your meal but again you didn't talk to me.

Bedime - I guess you felt too tired. After you said goodnight to your family you fell into bed and went to sleep in no time. That's okay, you may not realise that I am always there fory you. I've got patience, more than you will ever know. I even want to teach you how to be patient with others as well.

I love you so much that I wait every day for a nod, prayer or thought or a thankful part of your heart. It is hard to have a one-sided conversation. Well, you are getting up again and once again I will wait with nothing but love for you hoping that today you will give me some time.

Have a nice day!

Your Father & Friend ... GOD

3a.

Re: christmas

Posted by: "Frank Schoch" fschoch@ymail.com   fschoch@ymail.com

Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:21 am (PST)




Dear Linda
                   It sounds like you are going to have a very merry christmas with your family. That is fantastic!!!!!!!
Enjoy your holidays Karen

________________________________
From: Linda Roe <icecream52765@yahoo.com>

Karen,
We had always let our kids open 1 present on Christmas Eve.  I remember the year that one of them thought they were opening a toy and it ended being something to wear and wanted to open another one.  But we stood our ground and made them wait until the next morning.  How I miss those times.  Now they have families of their own and they spend Christmas Eve at their spouses families so the kids get to open gifts from that side. This year is the year everyone(except those from NY)  comes to our house on Christmas day weather permitting.Linda

4.

Christmas Greetings

Posted by: "trini#1" m_desilva1@yahoo.com   m_desilva1

Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:22 am (PST)



To all the Moms of mompower Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2010.Lets continue to pray and be strong for our family and children for the new Year...

Warm Greetings from Trinidad
Marissa

5.1.

Re: hello

Posted by: "deepti pant" deeptifilm@yahoo.co.in   deeptifilm

Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:23 am (PST)



Hi, I am an Indian too :) and I live in India , 

Deepti Pant

--- On Tue, 22/12/09, priyanka sharma <sharma_priyanka007@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

From: priyanka sharma <sharma_priyanka007@yahoo.co.in>
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] Re: hello
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 22 December, 2009, 5:03 PM

 

hi Banu

gud to see an Indian, m an Indian too and m living in India.

regards

Priyanka

--- On Fri, 6/11/09, Banumathi K <mathimsw1@yahoo. com> wrote:

hi mariya

 

I AM INDIAN BUT I AM LIVE IN USA,I HAVE 3 MONTHS OLD BOY

 

REGARDS

BANU

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo.com/
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Yahoo! Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Love cars? Check out the

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Schizophrenia groups

Find support

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment