Monday, October 8, 2012

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Lavandar oil not calming for little ones

It could be several things. Lavender in large doses can have the
opposite effect (any oil for that matter can). Everyone's body chemistry
is different and oils can respond differently I have several people who
lavender doesn't effect at all at night. Vetiver on the big toe right
before bed can be very helpful. Some people use Balance on the bottom of
their feet. I admit I tend to lean toward single oils versus blends
first especially for little ones.
Wild Orange is a great example of this, a number of people find it
energizing and an equal number find it calming and relaxing. Those who
find it relaxing are always advising people to use it to try and go to
sleep at events and I always have to jump in and make sure they know it
could go either way.
gin
PS - one thing I discovered was that if my little ones had a snack that
was high in protein that took some digesting they slept better.
Sometimes I think they woke up hungry. So a cracker with peanut butter,
a cheese stick or some nuts or cereal a little before bed.

On 10/8/2012 9:10 AM, HK8mom11 wrote:
> I recently started using doTerra oils to help my 11 month old to sleep
> better. I was using the Serenity blend in the diffuser while we got
> ready for bed, then has I nursed her down I would put the oil on the
> bottoms of her feet. Instead of helping her drift off into a deeper
> sleep (which is what I was going for) I have a VERY alert child who
> does not want to close her eyes.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment