Saturday, June 30, 2012

RE: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Psychiatrist Quote

Sending huge hugs your way, Stella!  You are so brave and strong.  Keep going!  Thanks for sharing, I know it wasn't easy.  I have a somewhat similar story that I will share, too.  You are not alone!
Blessings <3


Riki L. Evans, B.Msc.
Radiant Living, LLC
www.radiantlivingonline.com
 



Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 20:00:32 -0700
From: stella.shoff@att.net
To: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Psychiatrist Quote

Some of you asked how I did it--this may be more than you bargained for but I certainly wouldn't want to let you down.

Unresolved grief has been huge in my life. Rape. PTSD. Major Depressive Disorder. Drug & Alcohol Addiction. Promiscuous behavior. A path of recovery.  Hoarding (not EXTREME but there). Abusive Marriage. Severely medically challenged children. Relapse into drug addiction again after prescriptions following a car wreck. Massive quantities of opiates--could've killed many a horse. Gambling Addiction. Suicide attempts. Coma. Divorce. Workaholic. Diagnosed Bipolar. Recovery from drugs, alcohol, and gambling. More death and unresolved grief. Son's suicide (at which time I went back on psychotropic medication/not narcotics as Dr. prescribed)--indescribable grief--still severe. Relapse into gambling addiction. All interspersed with psychiatric hospitalizations. Codependency. Then doTERRA.

Prescription protocol on 4/4/2012

Lamictal 200mg daily
Cymbalta 120 mg daily
Abilify 15 mg daily
Wellbutrin XL150 mg daily
Naltrexone 100 mg daily

4/9/2012 A final gambling relapse
I discussed with the psych that I believed (not blaming--but as a contributing factor) that the way the anti-depressants disengaged my "give-a-$**tter" contributed to the nonchalant attitude with which I gambled away money. She told me she had just read an article the night before about how the reason anti-depressant's "worked so well" was because they caused people basically to "just not care".

4/20/2012 intro doTERRA--Began a 2-week step down on all meds except the Lamictal. Weaned off the lamictal over a course of a month (tried to go off it too quickly and the side-effects were frightening).

Began with Bergamot

5/5/2012
LLV, Elevation, Balance & Eucalyptus. Still cling to the elevation and balance at moments.

5/23/12 Zyto Scan results may have been skewed as I had just sampled some serenity. Results called for Myrrh, White Fir & Citrus Bliss. Received samples of each to tide me over until next order--sparingly.

6/2/2012
Citrus Bliss
Frankincense
Peppermint
White Fir
Myrrh
Wild Orange
Lavender

6/16/2012
Deep Blue
Helichrysum
Geranium
Got my first lotus diffuser

I've sampled a bit of my product, but must say I've used more of the wild orange and lavender--I'm almost out of them. Although it has only been a short while, I think the geranium is very special.

I know this leg of my journey through life is only beginning. I have been on and off medications for 18 years. Something truly is different today though. I hesitated to open up to this group with such brutal honesty. But I am an open book, and my secrets could kill me. I know at my core that I am in this for the long haul. I haven't figured out how I will continue to invest raw dollars in my health and wellness; but I know I can continue to invest my energy and time into healing; and I trust that as I share my passion with others my every need will be met. I'm still here. drug-free. God has a purpose and passion for me, and I do believe God is at the center of ALL healing, and the nature of my prayer life intersecting with life situations at the moment I made the decision to "do doTERRA" leads me to believe this is divinely inspired.

Since starting doTERRA I have completed training and received certification in suicide prevention training--a huge emotional milestone for me--traveling to the training my car cracked a head and I have been without transportation. But God sent an angel navy petty officer who drove me the rest of the way to the training. I am parenting an extremely high risk suicidal 18 year old son, and am "Momma Stella" to many a wayward youth. I am walking through severe consequences as a result of my compulsive gambling and my maybe not too wise decision to become vulnerable in a romantic relationship has yielded yet another broken heart--just today. Any of these situations alone could have previously seemed more than I could bear for a day, and sent me into a dreary doomsday experience. I won't say there is no pain today, but it is not unfathomable. I have a solid lining of hope that surrounds all that I am. I have not always been able to make that statement in truth.

I am ready for the adventure.

Stella Shoff
183669




On Friday, June 29, 2012 10:51:42 PM UTC-5, stella...@att.net wrote:
I couldn't wait to get online and share my day's experience. A little over two months ago I made a DECISION on which I took ACTION. I decided that the damaging side effects of the "bucket full" of psychotropic medications I had been prescribed and was administering was NO LONGER WORTH THE RISK. I weaned off of multiple anti-depressants, mood-stabilizers and opiate blockers. I told my Dr. I had discontinued her prescriptions. Her response, "Oh, so you chose HEALTH." Praise God.

Stella Shoff
IPC 183669

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment