Saturday, June 30, 2012

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Dog food allergy

I have a pom with IBD an autoimmune system flared up by allergic reaction that almost killed her. We switched to RX diet and discovered that it is bad too ( contains grains,) but it didnt kill her because the protein in chicken is broken apart into amino acid, basic enough for the immune system not to notice. It made me think. Maybe she is allergic to chicken. MANY dog food out there is made from chicken. I wanted to switch to a better food. My pom was doing well and surviving on the food but her stool wasnt normal still. I want to suggest this idea in case you have not tried a food that has NO chicken ingredients and NO grains. I put Minnie on Acana pacificia because it has no grains, NO  chicken. She is doing very very well, her stool is finally normal like she has no IBD. However, she has to be on LOW dose of presidone.

For skin allergies, when my other dog, NIkki had skin issues before I found the right diet, I had to shave  ( not bald, but number 5 to give her skin protection from the sun) her to make it easier to bath her often with special shampoo and to control the allergens her fur captures. You can do that with special type of shampoo that wont dry out with EO or EO alone.

As for essential oil, I am new too and I wish I knew the answer. I think before using EO, it is very important to make sure a dog is on a very good quality food just like making sure humans are eating good diets in conjunction to using EO.


On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Rex James (everythingessential) <eesubmittal@gmail.com> wrote:
I love essential oils. I am a doTERRA consultant. I have a question that I have not seen an answer to yet.  I have a dog that has a really bad food allergy. We have tried all sorts of food for her and still have not found one that she isn't allergic to. He scratches like crazy. Her hair is dry. The hair on her belly and legs is falling out. Her skin is dark red and brown in spots. She is a very happy dog and only 6 years old. I am debating on whether or not it would be okay to make her a lavender capsule. or if it is better to apply it topically. Maybe even giver her a bath using the lavender. Or is there a better way to do this? Posted for Sheri from EverythingEssential.me

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment