Saturday, June 30, 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Young Living Lawsuit

Rebecca, this is part of the confusion I have found. It's my understanding that doTERRA has not gotten FDA approval for ANYTHING--at least that's what Dr. Hill told me when he called me to answer my questions about government certifications. Yet I have seen the note you mentioned in the Modern Essentials book. We need to get some definitive answers on this so that we cannot be accused of making false claims.
Janice

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:23:07 AM UTC-5, Rebecca wrote:
Janice,
There will likely always be some people who THINK these oils may endanger people, but doterra already has gotten approval to use these internally, because they KNOW the safety. In your Modern Essential book look at Myrrh for exmple, it states: "Approved by the FDA (21CFR172.510) for use as a Food Additive(FA). Or Orange, states "enerally recogjozed as safe (GRAS) for human consumption by the FDA (21CFR182.0). That's our role... educate those that don't know and only opinionate.
Rebecca
On Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:04:42 AM UTC-5, Janice Ladnier wrote:
I think we have to do all we can to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity while this is going on. I'm concerned that this could have a negative impact on the essential oil industry in general. There are many certified aromatherapists, doctors and scientists out there who think we are endangering others by using the oils neat and internally (I've seen a great deal of hostility on the EO University blog about this). If YL calls someone in as an expert witness to testify that we are doing dangerous things (although they are certainly using questionable practices themselves), it could get into the press and we could draw the attention of the FDA and other government agencies. This lawsuit could certainly backfire on YL, but could also end up restricting our freedom to use the oils as we choose.
Janice

On Sunday, June 24, 2012 7:47:59 AM UTC-5, Deborah K wrote:
My husband and I have been in business for over 25 years (contractor,
self-storage, golf course), and, unfortunately, frivolous lawsuits
come with the territory.  We live in a lawsuit-happy country, and the
only ones who benefit are the lawyers.

One of the things we have learned over the years is not to become
distracted.  It can take years for these things to come to resolution,
so stay focused on doing what you are called to do!


On Jun 23, 9:12 pm, Greg Pawlik <olejkieteryc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently I was asked by some new doTerra IPC about the whole YL-doTerra
> controversy. She and her husband seemed disturbed by some stuff they found
> on www.
>
> I told them that the matter is pretty clear: YL people say one thing,
> doTerra founders say something else. Neither side can prove anything. We
> can forget about it, or - if we choose so, we can try to make up our minds
> about it.
>
> I also shared my own feeling about it. I told them that after watching some
> of the videos published by YL I feel grateful that I can be part of doTerra
> culture. Our executives have never disappointed me and I have no reason not
> to trust them. Their story makes sense, they had every right to start their
> own company. Dr. Hill participated in developing many of YL products and it
> shouldn't surprise anyone that some of the products he developed while
> working for doTerra might be similar. It just makes sense and there is
> nothing controversial about it. He is a free man and can find as many
> companies as he wishes to do.
>
> And, finely - many people leave YL and join doTerra after trying our oils.
> YL oils aren't bad but doTerra's oils are superior. One of the reason is
> because they come from the plant's natural habitats instead of being grown
> on fake farms in a foreign environment.
>
> I do feel bad for YL that, after investing so many years and money to grow
> their company, someone else found more perfect way to produce higher
> quality essential oils. It is just too bad they cannot win the competition
> by improving their product, but instead they spread propaganda against
> their competitor.
>
> If my friends asked me about the law suit I would also state the obvious:
> Many honest people were accused of things they had never done. Just because
> someone accuses you for something, it doesn't mean you are a bad person.
> Even if they win a lawsuit - it still doesn't mean they were right.
>
> I will probably ask them to watch Gary Young's video again and pay
> attention to his arguments. He has no point. He is appealing to our
> feelings. He want's us to feel sorry for him. This is just another way to
> use propaganda to fight with a competitor that is winning the real battle
> on the market.
>
> So, in my opinion, this whole thing means absolutely nothing to me. I love
> CPTG oils, I have no reason not to trust doTerra and I have no reason to
> trust YL.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment