Saturday, June 30, 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Lavender as endocrine/androgen disruptor?

Hi,
I posted before on this subject. I too was concerned having had a son
who experienced gyno
mastia, which I understood was caused from to much estrogen. Gyno
mastia is enlargment of the breast tissue and is a very serious
medical and emotional issue. Years ago I found out that lavender was
considered a big culprit. Lavender is a hidden ingredient in
deodorants, aftershave lotion, shaving creams etc.
I did some more research and found out that most of the "lavender"
used in personal care products is either a synthetic lavender or
lavendin. It is my personal belief that the synthetic essential oils
may be the main culprit in disrupting hormone balance. I wish the
companies making these products would use at least a food grade
lavender.
When I came to doTerra I was concerned about sharing Lavender with the
males in my family and customer base, especially before I began to
trust the purity of these oils.
I can honestly tell you that none of the males of any age in my
family or customer base has reported any problems with the lavender,
but I think that it is an honest, insightful question for people to be
asking.
I also think that males should be far more concerned with soy
products. Check out those sport drinks!
Hope this helps
Julie



On Jun 29, 11:12 pm, Nye Walker <ncwal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had someone recently express concern about Lavender being an endocrine
> disruptor, and the risk of inhibiting androgen levels, and boosting
> estrogen levels.
>
> A quick search brought up this report from the National Institute of Health
> (NIH):http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/jan2007/niehs-31.htm
>
> Should Men be concerned about using Lavender topically and internally?
>
> I myself am a user of Lavender, and know its medicinal uses, but I'm also
> male, and am a little concerned.
>
> Anyone know much about this issue?
>
> -Nye
>
> --
> "There is no such thing as a minor lapse of integrity" --Tom Peters

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment