Saturday, June 30, 2012

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Psychiatrist Quote

Stella , God bless you and thank you for sharing your story. I needed to hear a story of continuing hope with getting off of psychiatric drugs. My son has schizoeffective disorder and he is in and out of the hospital regularly dealing with primarily the voices he hears. I got him some frankincense and balance but it's getting him on a regular schedule that is the problem , but I'm working with the people at his transitional living facility now to see if they will make sure he uses the oils and whatever else I can slowly buy for him.

Again thank you and I wish you continued blessings and healing!!
Victoria 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2012, at 11:40 PM, Carly Nelson <eojunkie@gmail.com> wrote:

Stella,
All I can say is, WOW.   Thank you for sharing your amazing, though frightful journey.  And may God bless and continue to heal you as you serve Him and bless the lives of others.  
Such a powerful story, and I think many of us will benefit from your sharing it. 

Prayers for you and all who struggle through this life and its many hardships and complications,
Carly

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 9:00 PM, stella.shoff@att.net <stella.shoff@att.net> wrote:
Some of you asked how I did it--this may be more than you bargained for but I certainly wouldn't want to let you down.

Unresolved grief has been huge in my life. Rape. PTSD. Major Depressive Disorder. Drug & Alcohol Addiction. Promiscuous behavior. A path of recovery.  Hoarding (not EXTREME but there). Abusive Marriage. Severely medically challenged children. Relapse into drug addiction again after prescriptions following a car wreck. Massive quantities of opiates--could've killed many a horse. Gambling Addiction. Suicide attempts. Coma. Divorce. Workaholic. Diagnosed Bipolar. Recovery from drugs, alcohol, and gambling. More death and unresolved grief. Son's suicide (at which time I went back on psychotropic medication/not narcotics as Dr. prescribed)--indescribable grief--still severe. Relapse into gambling addiction. All interspersed with psychiatric hospitalizations. Codependency. Then doTERRA.

Prescription protocol on 4/4/2012

Lamictal 200mg daily
Cymbalta 120 mg daily
Abilify 15 mg daily
Wellbutrin XL150 mg daily
Naltrexone 100 mg daily

4/9/2012 A final gambling relapse
I discussed with the psych that I believed (not blaming--but as a contributing factor) that the way the anti-depressants disengaged my "give-a-$**tter" contributed to the nonchalant attitude with which I gambled away money. She told me she had just read an article the night before about how the reason anti-depressant's "worked so well" was because they caused people basically to "just not care".

4/20/2012 intro doTERRA--Began a 2-week step down on all meds except the Lamictal. Weaned off the lamictal over a course of a month (tried to go off it too quickly and the side-effects were frightening).

Began with Bergamot

5/5/2012
LLV, Elevation, Balance & Eucalyptus. Still cling to the elevation and balance at moments.

5/23/12 Zyto Scan results may have been skewed as I had just sampled some serenity. Results called for Myrrh, White Fir & Citrus Bliss. Received samples of each to tide me over until next order--sparingly.

6/2/2012
Citrus Bliss
Frankincense
Peppermint
White Fir
Myrrh
Wild Orange
Lavender

6/16/2012
Deep Blue
Helichrysum
Geranium
Got my first lotus diffuser

I've sampled a bit of my product, but must say I've used more of the wild orange and lavender--I'm almost out of them. Although it has only been a short while, I think the geranium is very special.

I know this leg of my journey through life is only beginning. I have been on and off medications for 18 years. Something truly is different today though. I hesitated to open up to this group with such brutal honesty. But I am an open book, and my secrets could kill me. I know at my core that I am in this for the long haul. I haven't figured out how I will continue to invest raw dollars in my health and wellness; but I know I can continue to invest my energy and time into healing; and I trust that as I share my passion with others my every need will be met. I'm still here. drug-free. God has a purpose and passion for me, and I do believe God is at the center of ALL healing, and the nature of my prayer life intersecting with life situations at the moment I made the decision to "do doTERRA" leads me to believe this is divinely inspired.

Since starting doTERRA I have completed training and received certification in suicide prevention training--a huge emotional milestone for me--traveling to the training my car cracked a head and I have been without transportation. But God sent an angel navy petty officer who drove me the rest of the way to the training. I am parenting an extremely high risk suicidal 18 year old son, and am "Momma Stella" to many a wayward youth. I am walking through severe consequences as a result of my compulsive gambling and my maybe not too wise decision to become vulnerable in a romantic relationship has yielded yet another broken heart--just today. Any of these situations alone could have previously seemed more than I could bear for a day, and sent me into a dreary doomsday experience. I won't say there is no pain today, but it is not unfathomable. I have a solid lining of hope that surrounds all that I am. I have not always been able to make that statement in truth.

I am ready for the adventure.

Stella Shoff
183669





On Friday, June 29, 2012 10:51:42 PM UTC-5, stella...@att.net wrote:
I couldn't wait to get online and share my day's experience. A little over two months ago I made a DECISION on which I took ACTION. I decided that the damaging side effects of the "bucket full" of psychotropic medications I had been prescribed and was administering was NO LONGER WORTH THE RISK. I weaned off of multiple anti-depressants, mood-stabilizers and opiate blockers. I told my Dr. I had discontinued her prescriptions. Her response, "Oh, so you chose HEALTH." Praise God.

Stella Shoff
IPC 183669

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment