Wednesday, November 3, 2010

RE: [Everything doTERRA] Need Updated Info about Flying with Oils

I don't get it either:) my aunt has had oils confiscated out of Salt Lake and New York:( all in a bag-all said meds, natural...I have not flown yet so I am not sure what I would do... my mom is heading to seattle and I don't know what to tell her:) hmmmmm?!

Maree

> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:00:50 -0600
> Subject: Re: [Everything doTERRA] Need Updated Info about Flying with Oils
> From: cristibastian@gmail.com
> To: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>
> I think it depends on the airport you're in. Or the particular TSA
> people that you're dealing with at the time. I was flying with my
> best friend a couple of months back and I went through with just a
> couple of bottles of my oils in my carry on, no prob. She went
> through with her ziploc baggy of oils in a different check station and
> they totally stopped her, did the whole bomb test, stopped our whole
> group we were travelling with, etc. They almost confiscated her oils!
> This was at the SLC airport. I know of another girl who got her oils
> confiscated at the SLC airport at the security check point. I always
> just put mine in my checked luggage to be safe. I travel a lot and
> don't want to have any problems! I get frequent headaches and
> normally take a small little 5ml bottle of peppermint oil with me in
> my purse. If they confiscate that, oh well. I'll have my bigger
> bottle in my checked bag. I've never had a problem with the small
> bottle of peppermint oil.
>
> Good luck!
>
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM, melissa densley
> <melissadensley@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I travel for work and have not had any problems. I take several 5ml and 15ml
> > bottles in my carry on. For the flight home a few weeks ago I couldn't find
> > my quart sized plastic bag that I originally had them in so I just took them
> > out of my dr mom cloth bag and put them in one of the little bins that u put
> > watches etc in. They simply looked at them and asked if they were herbal and
> > I said yes and I was on my way.
> > I am also flying out again Friday and am glad I don't have to stress over it
> > this time:) especially if you just have them in the 5/8 drams you should
> > have no problem.
> >
> > Hope this helps:)
> > -melissa
> >
> > On Nov 3, 2010 1:38 PM, "Patricia Leavitt" <doterradiscover@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Carry your oils in a plastic bag and put them in your carry on. They will
> > usually not do or say anything at all. If so, it is your medications.
> >
> > Pat
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM, JRW <silverdishes@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> We are flying out Friday an...
> >
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > For more options, visit this group at
> > http://www.everythingdoterra.com
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment