Sunday, November 7, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: What if someone has no sense of smell?

I asked the person what the cause of the loss of sense of smell is.
Their response is copied below. Either way I'm glad to know that the
oils can still work for her, even without smelling them.

I DID have a sinus infection (a really bad one) in 1996 and I am
pretty sure that was the start of my problem with taste and smell. I
went to an ENT doctor where I was living at the time and he said there
was nothing anyone could do as the nerves were probably damaged. I
have some sense of smell - for example, lavender is strong enough that
I can detect it; also onions, garlic, cat pee! Oddly - I can't smell
popcorn and if my house was on fire, I probably wouldn't notice until
it got really bad. Subtle smells are lost on me. This all affects
my taste as well and most things taste either salty or sweet without a
whole lot of variation.

What is REALLY strange - I sometimes experience "phantom" smells and
even tastes. The smells are most often not terrible but not
particularly pleasant - kind of like burnt coffee, musty or
occasionally pungent like burning rubber. It is a drag - I have to
admit, but I doubt there is much that can be done at this point.

So if anyone has any suggestions, we'd be glad to hear them. She
doesn't have a lot of money (fixed income)
Thanks,
Amy

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment