Sunday, November 21, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Sugar Scrub

How are you all making a scrub without oil???? I do this as a side
business and honestly, the oil is the best part because it keeps the
skin protected and moisturized after the exfoliation. I think it makes
the scrub! :) With sweet almond oil, you need to be careful because it
has a much shorter shelf life than other carrier oils so it easily
goes rancid in a mixture quickly (you can often tell by the change in
the smell). So, I would suggest a couple things. I use a mixture of
fractionated coconut oil and grapeseed oils in my sugar scrubs and
even those are much more stable oils, I still add some grapefruit seed
extract to the mixture (they usually reccomend 1 - 2% of total
mixture) to ensure the oil does not go rancid and that bacteria does
not grow in the scrub. You need to ensure you add that if you sell to
others. In my salt scrubs, olive oil works very well. I usually use
extra virgin organic as it has a lighter scent than regular or Pomace
grade. Does this help? :)

On Nov 21, 9:02 pm, JONATHAN SOUTHERN <southern2...@msn.com> wrote:
> I uderstand...you are very busy and we Appreciate you and all that you do...YOU ARE TRULY AMAZING!!! I'm not sure why the almond oil, I've never made a sugar scrub before. Do you have a suggestion as to how to make them??? I know that there is a difference between a salt scrub and a sugar scrub, but that's all I know.
>
> Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:45:20 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Everything doTERRA] Sugar Scrub
> From: doterradisco...@gmail.com
> To: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>
> When I do a sugar scrub I don't use any oil at all, with the exception of the essential oils.
> Why is she adding sweet almond oil? It really shouldn't hurt anything.
>
> I hope you guys will forgive me for being such a flake about getting the stuff sent to you. I will
> be going to UPS first thing in the morning to send the Physician kit and the salt.
>
> thanks,
> pat
>
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 7:33 PM, smsouthern <southern2...@msn.com> wrote:
>
> A friend of mine is making a sugar scrub for a craft fair and she
> asked me if sweet almond oil affects the oils in any way. I looked in
> the forum and couldn't find any info. Does anyone know if almond oil
> is okay to use????
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group athttp://www.everythingdoterra.com
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group athttp://www.everythingdoterra.com                                     

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment