Sunday, November 21, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Melissa use in children

You both were very helpful! I have a 2 and 1 year old, so since they
can't really tell me when something is hot, or not helping, its hard
to know which direction to take. I will be adding Melissa on my next
autoship and sharing with everyone what a great option it is! I
already do On guard on their feet nightly, so it sounds like it would
be good to add the Melissa when I see something coming on. I knew the
oils are powerful enough that "less is more", so I don't need to bathe
them in it :) , but I didn't realize I could reapply it so often.
Thank you for the ideas and help! Megan

On Nov 20, 10:14 pm, "Brooke Magleby" <brooke...@cableone.net> wrote:
> Megan -
> I used Melissa recently on my 9 year old son.  He came down with a nasty
> bronchial type cold (could have been pneumonia) - and came home one day at
> 12:30 from school coughing his head off.  102.5 fever. I would rub 2-3 drops
> Melissa up his spine (where viruses like to reside) along with On-Guard and
> Coconut oil.  I did that every couple of hours (along with several other
> oils on his feet and chest every hour- and diffused oils in his room).  It
> was a long night, but I just slept on the floor in his room and kept doing
> it.  The next day he was definitely on the road to recovery - fell asleep at
> 4:30 and slept till 8pm.  When he woke up - no fever - no cough - and way
> too much energy for me!  :-)  
> If it is an infant - I wouldn't use as much oil - but it isn't the amount as
> much as it is the consistency of application.  I hope that is helpful for
> you!
> Brooke
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>
> [mailto:everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of megan hanberg
> Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2010 2:27 PM
> To: Everything doTERRA
> Subject: [Everything doTERRA] Melissa use in children
>
> Does anyone know if Melissa would be safe to use on children? I have
> been using a blend of Oregano, Lemon and Melaleuca on my kids' feet
> whenever I see a sickness coming on.  It helps immensely, but I am
> careful about how long I use it because I know Oregano can be hard on
> the liver.  I wonder if the Melissa would be easier on their system?
> Is it a "hot" oil? I saw some posts about using Melissa and On Guard
> as a preventative measure for any winter "super bugs" but wanted to
> know if there were any precautions for use with kids. Thanks!
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group athttp://www.everythingdoterra.com- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment