Friday, November 19, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Is Onguard safe for babies?

From what I understand, rosemary and eucalyptus can trigger
seizures in someone who is prone to them but do not cause seizures.
We started using oils because my then four year old son started having
seizures. After a few months of using oils I he had an episode within
minutes after me applying On Guard to his feet. We were brand new to
oils and I hadn't found the issue with some oils and seizures. We got
rid (shared with others) of all the oils that were suspect. I also
spoke with Dr. Hill about the situation. He at first had difficulty
believing that the On Guard was the issue, but after hearing the
specifics agreed that it sounded like his body was having an issue
with the On Guard. We didn't use any of those oils for about six
months. At this point I diffuse On Guard and use rosemary on his
sisters frequently. I always use extra frankincense when I am using
the suspected oils around him. But I feel very strongly that those
oils aren't causing the issue, just bringing it to light, if that
makes sense.
My neighbor was using OnGuard daily on her baby boy when he was
less than a month, because they had to travel in the middle of flu
season. He stayed healthy and everybody thought he was the sweetest
smelling baby around!
I should also mention that we diffused On Guard frequently
before I noticed the correlation between OnGuard application and a
seizure. In hindsight I don't believe that diffusing was an issue for
him.
I am not an oil expert and we are still learning lots every
day! This is just my experience.

On Nov 17, 10:08 pm, izidy <esmith2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is onguard safe to use on babies? I heard that you can put onguard on
> a babies feet with a carrier oil and not have a problem with it. But,
> I also read that rosemary and eucalyptus can cause seizures in babies.
> That concerns me since those ingredients are in the onguard.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment