Friday, November 19, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Re: ear wax

The blow dryer was NOT close to his ears btw... it was like I was blow
drying his hair.. just aimed a little at his ears.. I didnt do this
for very long either. He didnt like it.
I figured I had better describe this well, lol! Be careful with the
ears. No sharp pointy things trying to pick it out, and be VERY wise
about using candles. If you do use them, follow the instructions. My
concern was hot wax dripping into my sons ear and burning him. I think
they work, to a point, and are relaxing from the warmth and the loving
touch of the person applying it.
I wonder if alot of the wax that I see when I open them up, isn't just
wax from the ear candle melting down.

Good luck and I hope your son feels better!
Julia

On Nov 19, 5:42 am, Julia <sunspr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My son had really bad ear wax problems when he was younger. We tried
> candles and medicines, but what finally worked was a recommendation
> from our family herbalist to use warm olive oil and a warm water/apple
> cider vinegar mix 50/50.
> Here's how it went down...
> I put the warm olive oil into his ear with a dropper... just enough to
> fill his ear. I let it set for a good 10-15 minutes then had him roll
> over and drain that ear while I did the other one for another 10-15
> minutes. We did this in front of the television while he watched one
> of his favorite 30 minute shows.
> We then put on our bathing suits and went into the shower where I had
> warm water going on him. I then took a bulb syringe (the blue ones you
> use for babies), and filled it with warm water and GENTLY squirted the
> warm ACV/water into his ear, irrigating it out. With the water came
> wax, and ROCKS. I couldn't believe it. The poor kid had little pebbles
> covered in wax in his ears. He could hear MUCH better after that. I
> used a blow dryer set on warm to dry out his ears when we were done...
> it might be a little loud, especially after clearing your ears! I just
> wanted to make sure it was completely empty of water. I didnt have
> doTerra oils then, but if I had, I would put a small dab of basil on a
> cotton ball and set it in his ears to keep them warm and allow the
> basil to work... just for a little while until he wanted them out. Dr.
> Christopher (herbs) has a great tincture called B&B which is great for
> the nerves and the ears.http://herballegacy.com/Deafness.html
> He talks about a method that takes a little longer, but addresses
> nerve issues in the ears. If that is an issue, see Dr. C's link and
> use Frank on the outside of the ear, rubbing behind the ear from the
> top to the gland under his chin while applying.
>
> Julia
>
> On Nov 17, 11:19 pm, feef <j...@bengtzen.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a friend who has a 18 year old autistic child who has a really
> > bad ear wax problem.  He will not let the doctors touch him to take
> > care of it.  Is there an oil or something that will help with this?  I
> > know we are not supposed to put them in our ears...Thanks for your
> > help.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment