Thursday, February 25, 2010

RE: [Everything doTERRA] oregano for ear pain

I have had great results with my 4 1/2 yr. old and 6 1/2yr. old.  I put 2 drops melaleuca & 2 drops lavender on a piece of a cotton ball (not so small that it would get stuck in the ear canal, but about the size of an adult earplug – you know those orange ones?) I place the cotton ball in the front opening of the ear, never in the canal and never too close to the ear drum.  I take a few drops basil (neat) and gently apply all around the outside of the ear (front and back) you know that spot that always hurts when you have an earache.  I also drop lavender down the spine of my child and in gentle clockwise circles massage the lavender in, then I do the same thing with melaleuca – they don’t need fract. Coconut to dilute but you could do that if your child complains that the oils are not comfortable.

 

This works every time (knock on wood).  My son will be five this summer and has never had to go to the pediatrician for an ear infection and has never needed antibiotics in his life, I have been using essential oils medicinally on him since he was born.  My daughter had an ear infection at six months old (I wasn’t using oils medicinally yet) but that’s it! Since I have been using the oils she has not had an ear infection in 6 years!

 

Christina Winslow

www.bellaluna.us.com

 (303)875-0230

 

From: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com [mailto:everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Brooke Magleby
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:01 PM
To: everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [Everything doTERRA] oregano for ear pain

 

Opps!  So sorry for your son.  It is so hard when they are in pain and you want to help and it’s in the middle of the night!  I would personally say that Oregano is too strong to put anywhere near the ear.  I have been able to help several mothers and myself with ear infections by putting together a roll-on bottle with a mixture of oils, and have had great success with it.  I wish I had an exact recipe…but I don’t.  I used the Modern Essentials book for guidance, and I know that there was a few drops of Helycrism, mostly Basil and Melaluca, a little Eucalyptus and Peppermint, and some Lavender.  I would rub it all around the outside of the ear and just inside the little “bowl” like area of the ear.  It would take away the pain, as well as heal the infection every time. Basil is the one that is most recommended with ears, so I would use that one next time, and it’s a little less caustic.

Good Luck and I hope he is feeling better very soon!

Brooke Magleby

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment