Friday, February 26, 2010

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 314

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a.
Re: Babies From: Vickie Washburn
1b.
Re: Babies From: Angella Hull
2a.
Re: Babies Cough From: michelle mclauchlin

Messages

1a.

Re: Babies

Posted by: "Vickie Washburn" ickyscuba@yahoo.com   ickyscuba

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:48 am (PST)



I used Vicks for years as did my mom but a dr once told me it is not good for your lungs so I quit using it.  Especially not good if you have asthma or allergies he said. I will try the Eucalyptus oil and some of the other suggestions tho. thanks everyone.

________________________________
From: Lynette Mary <lynette_here@yahoo.com>
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, February 23, 2010 12:13:45 PM
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] Babies

 
Yes, I too do the same for my daughter. But before she was 1 yr old, I used to apply Eucalyptus oil instead of Vicks as it is milder for baby's skin.

PS: Recently, Im also trying applying warm mustard oil + grounded garlic (little) mixed and the oil be applied instead of vicks as they are natural ingredients.

Raina

--- On Tue, 23/2/10, Chia Moua <ctmoua@yahoo. com> wrote:

>From: Chia Moua <ctmoua@yahoo. com>
>Subject: [mompowergroup] Babies
>To: mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com
>Date: Tuesday, 23 February, 2010, 6:37 AM
>
>

>Someone told me to try rubbing vicks vapor rub on the soles of the feet and put socks on at night.  Also rub on chest.  I have since then used this on my kids and even myself and it has helped.  You do this for a few days until the cough lessens.
>
>Chia
>
>

________________________________
Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

1b.

Re: Babies

Posted by: "Angella Hull" angellahull@yahoo.com   angellahull

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:59 am (PST)



Hi moms,

always knew that vicks is a good remedy for cold. Always use it on the chest, back and throat of the younger children and i do the same for the bigger ones but only difference is that i use Buckley's rub for the older ones. Never knew that i could apply it to the soles of their feet to for a more effective approach.

THANKS GUYS!

will certainly use it the next time the situation presents itself, although I sincerely hope it is not any time too soon .

Thanks again

________________________________
From: Lynette Mary <lynette_here@yahoo.com>
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, February 23, 2010 2:13:45 PM
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] Babies

Yes, I too do the same for my daughter. But before she was 1 yr old, I used to apply Eucalyptus oil instead of Vicks as it is milder for baby's skin.

PS: Recently, Im also trying applying warm mustard oil + grounded garlic (little) mixed and the oil be applied instead of vicks as they are natural ingredients.

Raina

--- On Tue, 23/2/10, Chia Moua <ctmoua@yahoo. com> wrote:

>From: Chia Moua <ctmoua@yahoo. com>
>Subject: [mompowergroup] Babies
>To: mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com
>Date: Tuesday, 23 February, 2010, 6:37 AM
>
>
>>
>
>
>
> >
>
>
>>
>
>Someone told me to try rubbing vicks vapor rub on the soles of the feet and put socks on at night. Also rub on chest. I have since then used this on my kids and even myself and it has helped. You do this for a few days until the cough lessens.
>
>Chia
>
>

________________________________
Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.


2a.

Re: Babies Cough

Posted by: "michelle mclauchlin" barmcutters@yahoo.com   barmcutters

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:01 pm (PST)



No problem. Everyone looks at me like I am crazy when I tell them but it really works.

________________________________
From: Fatiha Polin Babuly <roddoore@yahoo.com>
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, February 24, 2010 4:10:06 AM
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] Babies Cough

 
Thanks Beverly and Michelle. Vick's Vapor Rub is really excellent.

--- On Tue, 2/23/10, Bev <beverlyreed2002@ yahoo.com> wrote:
 

~*~Smiles~*~ ... this is exactly what I do... Vick's Vapor Rub on bottom of feet, socks over, and on chest! I try not to use meds as much as possible because of a what a doctor told me when my now 14 year old was really little... if I kept suppressing it, it would end up worse, and land the baby in the ER... he said I could do it at night but let it run it's course during the day… something about turning into pneumonia if I didn't let him cough it up/out?

.~*~._.~*~._ BEVERLY_. ~*~._.~*~ .

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Dog Groups

on Yahoo! Groups

discuss everything

related to dogs.

Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Group Charity

Be the Change

A citizen movement

to change the world

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment