Saturday, February 27, 2010

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 315

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

1a.
Re: Babies From: Ana Done
2.
Hello and Vicks vapour rub From: SUSAN HAKE

Messages

1a.

Re: Babies

Posted by: "Ana Done" anadone57@yahoo.com   anadone57

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:06 am (PST)



Check out my blog if anybody is intersted.
I am sharing my recipies ( need to add more)
simple and easy  cooking recipies.
http://howtomakechickencurry.blogspot.com/
 
Thanks,
Lakshmi.

--- On Wed, 2/24/10, Vickie Washburn <ickyscuba@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Vickie Washburn <ickyscuba@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] Babies
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 5:36 PM

 

I used Vicks for years as did my mom but a dr once told me it is not good for your lungs so I quit using it.  Especially not good if you have asthma or allergies he said. I will try the Eucalyptus oil and some of the other suggestions tho. thanks everyone.

From: Lynette Mary <lynette_here@ yahoo.com>
To: mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com
Sent: Tue, February 23, 2010 12:13:45 PM
Subject: Re: [mompowergroup] Babies

 

Yes, I too do the same for my daughter. But before she was 1 yr old, I used to apply Eucalyptus oil instead of Vicks as it is milder for baby's skin.

PS: Recently, Im also trying applying warm mustard oil + grounded garlic (little) mixed and the oil be applied instead of vicks as they are natural ingredients.

Raina

--- On Tue, 23/2/10, Chia Moua <ctmoua@yahoo. com> wrote:

From: Chia Moua <ctmoua@yahoo. com>
Subject: [mompowergroup] Babies
To: mompowergroup@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Tuesday, 23 February, 2010, 6:37 AM

 

Someone told me to try rubbing vicks vapor rub on the soles of the feet and put socks on at night.  Also rub on chest.  I have since then used this on my kids and even myself and it has helped.  You do this for a few days until the cough lessens.

Chia

Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

2.

Hello and Vicks vapour rub

Posted by: "SUSAN HAKE" susanhake@btinternet.com   susanhake@btinternet.com

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:11 am (PST)



Hello, my name is Sue, I live in the UK and I have 10 children :) age range from 24years to 8 mths, and 3 grandchildren.
I am quite concerned that some seem to be using adult strength vicks on their small children. Its none of my business and i dont want to butt in but we have a baby vicks here. I have been told by docs and it is also on the labels of the jars/ bottles that it should not be used under a certian age. Eucalyptis oil can be very strong as well - we have a baby version here.
I'm sorry if I am offending anyone.
Sue H
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Mental Health

Learn More

Group Charity

GiveWell.net

Identifying the

best non-profits

Yahoo! Groups

Do More For Cats Group

Connect and share with

cat owners like you

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment