Thursday, November 29, 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Is there an oil that repels cats? from scratching furniture?

Yes!  any of the HOT oils -- I've been using a drop or two of Oregano on a cotton round and placing it near things I want the new cat (1 year old now) to stay away from -- and it works gang busters... it has also helped train her to stop biting me! one waft of the oregano and she runs!  I am careful not to get it ON her -- that would be mean and dangerous to her.  No rubbing their nose in it!! but yeah they are sensitive enough they will stay away from the area!

Then I'd put an acceptable scatching item near by, well laced with catnip -- some cats like the corregated cardboard, some like sisal, some prefer carpet scraps... to show the cat a proper alternative...

good luck (ps it's ugly, but short term, taping aluminum foil to the places the cat scratchs can work wonders as well)

anne
    doTerraJunkie <kymberlee@winningwaysforlife.com> Nov 29 04:20PM -0800  

    I got a new cat and he's clawing up everything. Wondering if there is an
    oil that cats would be repelled by and I could spray it on my chairs to
    keep him from destroying everything.
    Thanks

     



No comments:

Post a Comment