Friday, January 27, 2012

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Bipolar Disorder - Personal Experience - Oils used featured at the bott

No confusion Holan - so glad you have answers that are working for you - it gives us all hope!

On , Holan Nakata <holanz@gmail.com> wrote:
> First off, I would like to apologize for not emphasizing the dangers
>
>
> of getting off the medication.
>
>
> I was merely sharing my experiences from my perspective of things.
>
>
>
>
>
> I just wanted to offer hope to those seeking an alternative.
>
>
>
>
>
> Here is more details to my story
>
>
> The first time I stopped my medication the LAMICTAL was disastrous.
>
>
> It was a time worse than ever, I did not elaborate.
>
>
> --It was a time that included but not limited to:
>
>
> --Driving on the wrong side of the road
>
>
> --Burning my Hair
>
>
> --Fits of rage when I would slam my head against concrete
>
>
> --Yelling at the top of my lungs at people
>
>
> --Destroying property
>
>
> Entering the doctors office, he known that I had gotten off the
>
>
> medication without me telling.
>
>
> He told me this, "That if I were to get off medications again, that I
>
>
> was puting my life at risk." If it seemed that his point wasn't
>
>
> getting across. He simplified it to this, "If you get off the
>
>
> medications, you will die."
>
>
>
>
>
> When Ginny says, "Then on top of that if you look in the persons eyes
>
>
> they look
>
>
> almost scared, like please help me I can't stop. Its not uncommon to
>
>
> see
>
>
> tears running down their face in helplessness. Then when they
>
>
> collapse,
>
>
> frequently sobbing, rocking back and forth and inconsolable."
>
>
> A person named Charly said in another post, that the risk is too high.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I lived trapped in this type of fear.
>
>
>
>
>
> Ultimately, I made the decision that I felt was right for me.
>
>
> Difficult as many would argue a MENTALLY ILL person is in NO POSITION
>
>
> to make that sort of position. For years, I was silent about getting
>
>
> off my medication for FEARS of what people would say for me to go back
>
>
> on.
>
>
> I guess, being on medication gave people a PEACE OF MIND. I was silent
>
>
> for 4 Years.
>
>
>
>
>
> As Ginny said, there is a HIGH CHANCE that I was misdiagnosed.
>
>
> I agree the area of psychology is FAR FROM PERFECT. For this reason I
>
>
> sought alternatives.
>
>
> Today there are different types of bipolar disorder. But as with any
>
>
> psychological condition, observing behaviors is very SUBJECTIVE.
>
>
> Unfortunately, we can't just scan the brain and get a diagnosis.
>
>
> For me, the risk of using the WRONG medications were too high. For me,
>
>
> the risk of unwanted SIDE EFFECTS are too high.
>
>
> When I was on ZOLOFT, I was incoherent, shaking, and would stutter a
>
>
> lot. At times I would blank out.
>
>
>
>
>
> In the area of psychology, it is difficult to pinpoint which
>
>
> medications work, ask any physician.
>
>
>
>
>
> Ask any person taking antidepressants.
>
>
>
>
>
> When do you stop. I'm sure if I told my doctor, that I would like to
>
>
> ween off. He would have told me no. He would share how many patients
>
>
> have adjusted their life to accommodate with the medication for the
>
>
> rest of their lives.
>
>
> Quite frankly I disagreed. If I shared this story a few years ago, I
>
>
> would probably have backlash. But after six years, I displayed I did
>
>
> what worked for ME.
>
>
>
>
>
> Lastly, I would like to emphasize the power of PRAYER.
>
>
> In one of the moments of depression, I cried out to God to take away
>
>
> the pain.
>
>
> I did not heal over night. Perhaps, God healed me prior to getting off
>
>
> the medications.
>
>
>
>
>
> I am not here to take the place of a physician. I am just sharing my
>
>
> experiences just as some of my friends who shared alternatives to
>
>
> cancer treatment or type II Diabetes. By no means are they telling
>
>
> people what to do but rather what they did.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I APOLOGIZE for any confusion my post have caused.
>
>
>
>
>
> Thank you,
>
>
> Holan Nakata
>
>
>
>
>
> In this
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Jan 26, 3:53 am, Holan Nakata hol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> > I pray for everyone who is frustrated with emotions and for those who
>
>
> > need love first and foremost.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > Bipolar Disorder, formerly known as manic depression is a condition
>
>
> > I've seen asked about on this forum quite a bit. Many ask which oil to
>
>
> > use (If you want to know, scroll to the bottom of the page)
>
>
> >
>
>
> >  Before I tell you which oil, I would like to share a few tips on
>
>
> > dealing with people with bipolar disorder (for friends or family)
>
>
> > I am not a doctor. However, I have been diagnosed with clinical
>
>
> > depression, then rediagnosed with bipolar disorder. I have been off of
>
>
> > medications for over 6 years now. Praise the Lord!
>
>
> >
>
>
> > I am writing this because I recently had a nervous breakdown, with a
>
>
> > new assessment and outlook of the situation.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > I do believe that the term "Bipolar Disorder" is used to described a
>
>
> > state for a period of time. I do not believe that a person permanently
>
>
> > exhibits bipolar traits such as mania with thoughts of grandeur,
>
>
> > anger, or depression. I do believe just as many IPCs believe against
>
>
> > most physical disease, that lifestyle prevents disease, doctors treat
>
>
> > it, but the body heals itself. It is no different with bipolar
>
>
> > disorder as it is also a physical disease.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > How was the diagnosis done?
>
>
> > Psychiatry/Psychology is not a perfect science.
>
>
> > ADD, Clinical Depression, and Bipolar Disorder are often diagnosed and
>
>
> > we have a world full of people on antidepressants, stimulants, or mood
>
>
> > stabilizers.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > I was diagnosed with clinical depression at the age of 17. I lost 15
>
>
> > pounds in just a couple months due to a lack of appetite. I was sleep
>
>
> > deprived. I went through the initial stages of psychotherapy, when my
>
>
> > health was getting worse, I was prescribed ZOLOFT.
>
>
> > I had many very unpleasant adverse effects on my mind. An
>
>
> > antidepressant found to commonly work with people with clinical
>
>
> > depressed (The mechanism of action - Zoloft is a seratonin reuptake
>
>
> > inhibitor)
>
>
> >
>
>
> > I was prescribed LAMICTAL, an epileptic medication with very high
>
>
> > success of treatment.
>
>
> > (The mechanism of action - Sodium Channel Blocker also blocks
>
>
> > repetitive neuron firing)
>
>
> >
>
>
> > Medicine treats the disease. It does not cure it.
>
>
> > I felt great. I was cured! ...Or so I thought.
>
>
> > I stopped taking LAMICTAL diligently. My condition was worse than
>
>
> > before. I was rapid cycling. I felt frustrated and was sad, and felt
>
>
> > like I had a monster to cage. How could I ever start a family like
>
>
> > this?
>
>
> >
>
>
> > I was then prescribed LITHIUM in addition to LAMICTAL.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > I quite cold turkey.
>
>
> > I took LITHIUM and LAMICTAL diligently as I attended college. However
>
>
> > there were times where I felt that some emotions could not be kept
>
>
> > retained at other times I felt as if I did not live life to the
>
>
> > fullest. In the end, it was my constant feeling of lethargy and a
>
>
> > visit to the school psychiatrist who then offered to trial an error 5
>
>
> > different antidepressants (with all different mechanism of action)
>
>
> > until we found one that would work effectively. I am not a guinea pig
>
>
> > or lab rat!
>
>
> >
>
>
> > I decided without the consent or physician advice to stop my
>
>
> > medication.
>
>
> > I woke up the next morning and noticed nothing happened.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > Explanation
>
>
> > Lifestyle Prevents Disease.
>
>
> > If you hit a breaking point in your life chances are that you have to
>
>
> > assess your lifestyle.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > Assess all the different forms of health as they affect each other...
>
>
> > Physical, Emotional, Mental, Spiritual, Financial, and Social
>
>
> >
>
>
> > Your physical health - Sleep, Diet, Excercise, Stress management
>
> > All effect each other and all effect the body and other forms of
>
>
> > health.
>
>
> > Your emotional health - Find what true love is whether it is agape,
>
>
> > phileo, eros, or storge. Also know the five languages of love (there
>
>
> > is a great book by Dr. Gary Chapman) This ties in with Social health
>
>
> > Your Social Health - How are your relationships?
>
>
> > Your Financial Health - An important aspect. Do you have a peace of
>
>
> > mind? Do you have related stress that has to do with perceived view of
>
>
> > income or security?
>
>
> > Your Spiritual Health - Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs shows that people
>
>
> > are looking for purpose. This may lead to a search for God. I
>
>
> > encourage everyone to go on the search, I have friends with different
>
>
> > faiths.
>
>
> > My journey lead me to strengthen my relationship with Jesus Christ as
>
>
> > my Lord and Savior in Christianity.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > All of those were in place. I went to school. I slept well and ate
>
>
> > well and also worked out at times. I had made friends and spent a lot
>
>
> > of quality. I had no worry of finances or the roof over my head. I
>
>
> > prayed and I fellow shipped with people who shared the same faith and
>
>
> > exhcanged ideas with people of different faiths.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > Being off medications for six years and counting can be attributed to
>
>
> > all these things but if there is any one aspect I would have focused
>
>
> > on as a priority for the rest would be prayer and spiritual health
>
>
> > because sometimes in that situation you need a miracle, you need hope,
>
>
> > that seemingly cant be found, and you need love.
>
> > personal view I hope you don't mind.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > Tips on treating people that are struggling with emotional health.
>
>
> > Be there - sometimes being there is more than enough. It can be
>
>
> > frustrating to figure out what a person wants. Being there is better
>
>
> > than not even though they try to push you away because when we come to
>
>
> > our sense we will remember that kind of love.
>
>
> > Don't push (Or offer at the right time) If you offer a solution when a
>
>
> > person is defensive, you might experience some crazy rage. If you
>
>
> > offer it while they are euphoric, you may not get a serious
>
>
> > understanding of the solution. If they are depressed, they might try
>
>
> > anything to take away the torment. Either way, always share with love.
>
>
> > Inspire people to take action. Treat people with dignity.
>
>
> > I've always disliked my diagnosis because I felt as if I was looked
>
>
> > down upon. Labeled as mentally unfit, unsound.
>
>
> > Know that it's not them, it's their body and condition. This may be
>
>
> > the hardest because you know your friend wouldn't do such a thing, how
>
>
> > can they? And you may not want to forgive them and let them go on the
>
>
> > excuse that it's their condition. But please a person who is in the
>
>
> > better situation in control of emotions and let it go and forgive.
>
>
> > "Forgiveness is the final form of love. -Reinhold Niebuhr" I agree
>
>
> > with you, what they did isn't right, I acknowledge that now let go.
>
>
> > I've pushed away and destroyed many relationships that took me a few
>
>
> > years to recover, some never fully recovered. It's quite painful. All
>
>
> > the above will help prevent or understand that.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > One obstacle is letting go and willing to combat against bipolar
>
>
> > disorder. As ridiculous as it sounds there were times I was okay with
>
>
> > it and considered it a blessing. I thought I could figure out to ride
>
>
> > the waves of emotion. Instead my emotions rode me and was frustrated
>
>
> > and on the verge of not being all together there. I do remember this
>
>
> > quote by John Wooden which reminded me as a leader to never think of
>
>
> > using emotions as a strength.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > "Emotionalism can be a fatal flaw. I place the greatest VALUE on
>
>
> > intensity. It's the difference between a welder's arc and a forest
>
>
> > fire. Both have plenty of heat, but the welder's torch cuts through
>
>
> > the steel with precision, while the forest fire rages out of control
>
>
> > and destroys the forest." - John Wooden.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > SO WHICH Oil????
>
>
> > I do believe oils work. I use them. I have firsthand experience
>
>
> > especially with burst of anger, stress, depression, restlessness. Why
>
>
> > did I tell the whole story first?
>
>
> > 1. Oils are like a crutch, they will help alleviate some of the
>
>
> > emotions, but you must change your lifestyle to prevent emotional
>
>
> > instability. Just as people who have physical issues such as diabetes,
>
>
> > cardiovascular issues, etc... Oils work wonders but you have to do
>
>
> > your part.
>
>
> > 2. To build trust and rapport. I have seen this question pop on and on
>
>
> > again. I've told people the oil I use and is sometimes disregarded
>
>
> > leaving a person with mediocre results without even attempting to use
>
>
> > the oil I suggested.
>
>
> > 3. As by the story I shared about myself, it is not a one dimensional
>
>
> > issue. There are so many aspects. I believe that it will spark a
>
>
> > journey. For me, it was resolving many personal issues from the past.
>
>
> > 4. If you simply rely on the oil for it, you are treating your body
>
>
> > how your doctor treats your body. You have ______, take this. As a
>
>
> > practitioner of natural medicine, you must take a different approach
>
>
> > than western medicine which is very specialized.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > AND THE OILS ARE....
>
>
> > 1. Melissa. I've shared this with people and perhaps people disregard
>
>
> > it in the past because it was not readily available. It was only
>
>
> > included in the Diamond Kit until the Every Oil Kit came out. I guess
>
>
> > people are hesitant when you offer a solution that so happens to be
>
>
> > the most expensive oil in the kit. I own every oil. Citris Bliss is
>
>
> > great diffused but for me Melissa is most effective. I place it on my
>
>
> > upper lip and the back of my neck . I used this for stress. Sometimes
>
>
> > I'm a bit tense. It's good to have a loved one who recognized this to
>
>
> > apply it when you may not choose to.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > 2. Frankincense. Frankincense is known for everything. I am starting
>
>
> > to use it more or more but it seems to work with my body beyond my
>
>
> > understanding. Frankincense has inadvertently helped aid me with my
>
>
> > sleep. I apply it topically. Though Serenity helps calm down and have
>
>
> > helped with the peacefulness of sleep. Frankincense has really helped
>
>
> > with the quality or depth of sleep. I notice that I recall my dreams,
>
>
> > which is commonly theorized to occur during REM Sleep.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > 3. Serenity. I diffuse this and put it on the bottom of my feet. Sleep
>
>
> > is important for all espects of health including mental. First thing
>
>
> > to get some sense of mind back is to get good sleep. Oils help but
>
>
> > make sure your biological rhythms are in tuned. What you eat, ehne you
>
>
> > eat. How much exercise, when you exercise. These are factors for sleep
>
>
> > in addition to using your oils.
>
>
> >
>
>
> > 4. Elevation. Though I don't personally ...
>
>
> >
>
>
> > read more »
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
>
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>
>
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
>
>
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>
>
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
>
>
> http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment