Monday, May 31, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Progesterone - Miscarriages

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the long post, but I think the more details I give the
better I might be understood and someone can help me.

I have heard about how great Essential Oils are for healing colds,
flus, and back pains, but it has only been recently that I have been
wondering what it can do for pregnancies, hormones, and other health
issues. I am pretty much a beginner. I wasn't interested in learning
about Alternative Meds until my husband and I decided to start our
family and soon discovered it wasn't going to be as easy as we
thought. I became interested in Essential Oils this past winter when I
became very ill.

I don't know how many miscarriages I have had (we stopped counting, it
was getting to be too much.) But thanks to ultra sounds and a few
doctors listening we figured out I was miscarrying between 2 to 6
weeks. In 2006, I finally agreed to see a naturepath and nutritionist.
It has been a long road in finding out what the cause is of the
miscarriages and luckily there are things we can do to help carry full
term, but I would like to learn if there is anything I could use in
Essential Oils that might help and may even be better than what we are
doing now.

My two problems:

1. My body thinks it is allergic to being pregnant. Instead of
nurturing the baby, it attacks.
2. VERY Low Progesterone Levels.

I have taken a homeopath that treats my allergies and hormones to help
balance things out. So far it has helped. To give it an even bigger
boost I plan on doing the Lifelong Wellness Pack. Getting balance
isn't a concern for me. Its the Low Progesterone Levels that has
become a very frustrating concern for us.

I have to use a cream to help my body produce enough to have a period,
but it's not enough to help me make it past 6 weeks of pregnancy.

So, my nature path prescribed Prometruim. I am suppose to take it in
hopes that it will eventually teach my body to start producing the
progesterone on its own and to help me carry full term. I have done 2
rounds of this. I am suppose to take it as soon as I start to ovulate.
I stop if my period begins. If I don't have a period then I take a
pregnancy test to see if I am pregnant, if I am then I continue taking
it until my nature path feels I can carry the baby on my own. So far I
have had a period. Round 1 I got a few headaches, nothing too bad and
I actually noticed a good difference in my body. Round 2 was a
different story. I was so sick within an hour of taking the first
pill. We thought the sickness was actually morning sickness so we
thought we might be pregnant, but right on schedule my period started.
Since Round 2 I have been completely unstable in the hormone
department and I have refused to start Round 3. I can not go through
that sickness again without being pregnant. My gut is telling me that
even if I continue the Prometrium my body is so out of tune that we
won't get pregnant until I am balanced again (thus the reason I will
start the Lifelong Wellness Pack)

My question is - is there an oil/blend that someone has taken to help
them STAY pregnant? I really don't want to be super sick taking the
prescription. I want to enjoy being pregnant and experience what has
been robbed from me so many times. I am at a lost on what to do.

I have searched the boards and I have watched the webinars on
hormones, but have been unsuccessful in finding any information
specific to carrying to full term and progestrone levels with
pregnancies and miscarriages. Is this condition rare or just not
talked about?

Thanks for any light any of you can shed on this!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment