Friday, March 5, 2010

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 318

Messages In This Digest (11 Messages)

1.
cradle cap From: Elizabeth Loera
2a.
Re: From: abby kistler
3a.
craddle cap From: Denise Rathey
3b.
Re: craddle cap From: Julie Teeples
3c.
Re: craddle cap From: Jenny Morgan
4a.
Re: Vicks, thank you, johnsons products - and the dreaded cradle cap From: Stephanie Simon
4b.
Re: Vicks, thank you, johnsons products - and the dreaded cradle cap From: kent_brunette@yahoo.com
4c.
Re: Vicks, thank you, johnsons products - and the dreaded cradle cap From: Meesh
5.
Re: Vicks, thank you, johnsons products - and the dreaded cra... From: Cmdichmann@aol.com
6.
Cradle cap From: alloei_09@yahoo.com
7.
Johnson's Baby Shampoo and FORMALDEHYDE From: eypbabyp

Messages

1.

cradle cap

Posted by: "Elizabeth Loera" eloera90@yahoo.com.mx   eloera90

Thu Mar 4, 2010 7:30 am (PST)



Hello
         Is very nice to know somebody talking about very interesting things such baby products, this is my first time at this space and I'm trying   to learn this language (I'm from Mexico). I read that somebody is looking for a remedy for a cradle cap and I used to use almond oil for my first baby when he was 2 years old, he had the same problem but the doctor told me to not use anything because he was to young, however I used to put some almond oil and made massage every day and that was a nice solution.
Hope this solution can be good for you, and thanks for the nice comments about baby products.
Ale
Please tell me if I wrote nice or no bodies understand my message ok …

Encuentra las mejores recetas en Yahoo! Cocina.
http://mx.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/
2a.

Re:

Posted by: "abby kistler" abbykistler@yahoo.com   abbykistler

Thu Mar 4, 2010 7:32 am (PST)



To all of you are worried about the toxins/chemicals in children's products, I recommend the California Baby products. It is an all natural line completely made with all botanical ingredients. I also like Toms of Maine products for toothpaste. It can be a little pricey but completely worth it in my opinion.

________________________________
From: Trisha Philippe <musiclover620@yahoo.com>
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, March 2, 2010 2:11:51 PM
Subject: [mompowergroup] RE:

"Vicks is far from the only product on the market that is not good for our children that we use everyday. There are tons of stuff we take for granted, such as toothpaste. My son has canker sores and his doctor told me to change toothpaste to a natural toothpaste because the SLS and triclosan can make canker sores worse. He also told me it would be difficult to find toothpaste without it. I started doing research and learned a lot after that. Such as Johnson and Johnson Baby shampoo has Formaldehyde. Apparently the companies are not required to disclose all ingredients. "

Whoever wrote this, please reply with some websites you found. I'm very interested in what you found out about baby products. I'm sure we all know most things are unhealthy, in a sense, but I'd like to know more.
Trisha P.

3a.

craddle cap

Posted by: "Denise Rathey" ratheyd@yahoo.com   ratheyd

Thu Mar 4, 2010 7:33 am (PST)



Have you tried Vitamin E oil  it worked for my son Nathan and he had it really bad.   Dee in MN

3b.

Re: craddle cap

Posted by: "Julie Teeples" teeples.julie@yahoo.com   teeples.julie

Thu Mar 4, 2010 7:53 am (PST)



My daughter had it really bad, it was a slow process but while she was in the bath I washed her hair and conditioned it and left the conditioner in while I bathed her.Then at the end I took a fine toothed comb and gently combed through at the roots it took off the softened layers a little at a  time then laid her down and rinsed her hair off.

--- On Thu, 3/4/10, Denise Rathey <ratheyd@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Denise Rathey <ratheyd@yahoo.com>
Subject: [mompowergroup] craddle cap
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, March 4, 2010, 1:26 PM

 

Have you tried Vitamin E oil  it worked for my son Nathan and he had it really bad.   Dee in MN

3c.

Re: craddle cap

Posted by: "Jenny Morgan" morganjen@live.com   jenny.morgan90

Thu Mar 4, 2010 7:56 am (PST)





Hi,
My son had it pretty bad. I put baby oil on it, waited 10 minutes, combed it off, then gave him a bath and it was all gone !!
Thank you,

Jenny Morgan

To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
From: ratheyd@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:26:03 -0800
Subject: [mompowergroup] craddle cap

Have you tried Vitamin E oil it worked for my son Nathan and he had it really bad. Dee in MN


__________________________________________________________
Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/
4a.

Re: Vicks, thank you, johnsons products - and the dreaded cradle cap

Posted by: "Stephanie Simon" pelsia4@yahoo.com   pelsia4

Thu Mar 4, 2010 7:35 am (PST)



Try a hair treatment called Castor oil scalp conditioner. I bought it @Walmart for about $3, works wonders!!
-----Original Message-----
Date: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 1:29:20 pm
To: mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com
From: "SUSAN HAKE" <susanhake@btinternet.com>
Subject: [mompowergroup] Vicks, thank you, johnsons products - and the dreaded cradle cap

thank you ladies for being so gracious  :). yes i really do have 10 children lol. I only have 7 at home now as the eldest 3 have married, left home and given us a grandchild each. I have to say that even with so many children I still have much to learn as things change and every child is different.
Someone mentioned that Johnsons products contain formaldahyde. I'm wondering what other doubious delights they contain :( .
Does anyone have a good ( pref natural) remedee for cradle cap? I have used the shampoo but as soon as I stop it comes back worse than it was before. None of my others have ever had it so badly or for so long. I did think of trying olive oil??
Sue

4b.

Re: Vicks, thank you, johnsons products - and the dreaded cradle cap

Posted by: "kent_brunette@yahoo.com" kent_brunette@yahoo.com   kent_brunette

Thu Mar 4, 2010 7:40 am (PST)



We use these products Gentle Naturals Baby Eczema Cream, Gentle Naturals Eczema Baby Wash and Gentle Naturals Baby Cradle Cap Treatment and these seem to work the best for our boys they both have very sensitive skin and these are one of the few items. We have also used Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash, Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Baby Bath, Mustela Dermo-Pediatrics Stelaker For Cradle Cap. Hope this information helps

Dawn Brunette

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, SUSAN HAKE <susanhake@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> thank you ladies for being so gracious  :). yes i really do have 10 children lol. I only have 7 at home now as the eldest 3 have married, left home and given us a grandchild each. I have to say that even with so many children I still have much to learn as things change and every child is different.
> Someone mentioned that Johnsons products contain formaldahyde. I'm wondering what other doubious delights they contain :( .
> Does anyone have a good ( pref natural) remedee for cradle cap? I have used the shampoo but as soon as I stop it comes back worse than it was before. None of my others have ever had it so badly or for so long. I did think of trying olive oil??
> Sue
>

4c.

Re: Vicks, thank you, johnsons products - and the dreaded cradle cap

Posted by: "Meesh" meeshw@yahoo.com   meeshw

Thu Mar 4, 2010 9:32 am (PST)



My son had cradle cap and shampooing really makes it worse. You should try sensitive skin products like Aveeno and don't put the shampoo directly on your child's head. Put it in your hand and lather then just try to wash the hair and not scrub the scalp. I wouldn't use Olive oil. Grapeseed oil would be better. It is lighter and is used in cosmetic applications more often than Olive oil. It is expensive but worth it.

I would also lay my son on my chest and lightly brush his hair with a soft bristle brush. This helps to remove the loose flakes.

I hope this helps.

meesh

--- In mompowergroup@yahoogroups.com, SUSAN HAKE <susanhake@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> thank you ladies for being so gracious  :). yes i really do have 10 children lol. I only have 7 at home now as the eldest 3 have married, left home and given us a grandchild each. I have to say that even with so many children I still have much to learn as things change and every child is different.
> Someone mentioned that Johnsons products contain formaldahyde. I'm wondering what other doubious delights they contain :( .
> Does anyone have a good ( pref natural) remedee for cradle cap? I have used the shampoo but as soon as I stop it comes back worse than it was before. None of my others have ever had it so badly or for so long. I did think of trying olive oil??
> Sue
>

5.

Re: Vicks, thank you, johnsons products - and the dreaded cra...

Posted by: "Cmdichmann@aol.com" Cmdichmann@aol.com   lilandandysmom

Thu Mar 4, 2010 7:37 am (PST)



Sue,

Do you have a surgical brush at home? If not, you can probably buy one at
the pharmacy. The hospital gave us one at the births of each of our
children. I kept one all of these years. My 5yo twins still get cradle cap
sometimes! As I did with all of the babies, after I wash their hair, I gently
"scrub" the flaky skin on the scalp with the brush in the bath and then
rinse it again.

It works very well. I find I have to do it each time until it clears up
(in about a week or so). I'm looking forward to finding out some other
ideas and if anyone knows how to prevent it somehow!

Cristy

Stay-at-home mom to Lillian 10, Andersen 8, Harrison and Malcolm 5 1/2

.

In a message dated 3/3/2010 2:29:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, susanhake@
btinternet.com writes:







thank you ladies for being so gracious :). yes i really do have 10
children lol. I only have 7 at home now as the eldest 3 have married, left home
and given us a grandchild each. I have to say that even with so many
children I still have much to learn as things change and every child is different.
Someone mentioned that Johnsons products contain formaldahyde. I'm
wondering what other doubious delights they contain :( .
Does anyone have a good ( pref natural) remedee for cradle cap? I have
used the shampoo but as soon as I stop it comes back worse than it was before.
None of my others have ever had it so badly or for so long. I did think of
trying olive oil??
Sue

6.

Cradle cap

Posted by: "alloei_09@yahoo.com" alloei_09@yahoo.com   alloei_09

Thu Mar 4, 2010 8:08 am (PST)



Go to a salon that carries biosilk and biosilk miracle 17 leave in. That product works great I used it on my twins and within 3 days it was gone.

Leah, Illinois
Sent from my U.S. Cellular BlackBerry� smartphone
7.

Johnson's Baby Shampoo and FORMALDEHYDE

Posted by: "eypbabyp" ruqayyah_a@tmo.blackberry.net   eypbabyp

Thu Mar 4, 2010 11:06 am (PST)



Hi All,

A Formaldehyde releaser is in a lot of products that people use daily, including baby and children products. You will see it on the label as Quaternium 15 or Q15. For those of you who don't know, Formaldehyde is what they use to embomb dead bodies (disgusting! I know! I was appalled when I found out).

You might ask "why are companies putting this stuff in products I use on my KIDS or MYSELF?" Well, the answer is that it's a cheaper preservative that extends the shelf-life of the product.

I found a great site where you can check the level of toxicity of the products in your home (and compare them to others): http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

The direct link to information on Quaternium 15:

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ingredient.php?ingred06=705478

Other ingredients that are harmful (known for causing skin irritation, etc.) are Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate). I found this stuff in my handwash, shampoo, children's shampoo; it was just everywhere!

As for my family, as soon as I came across this information I immediately threw out all of the products that I was using and converted my home over to green, affordable products. Feel free to email me off list to find out where I shop (I don't think the moderator will let me say here).

I hope all of you get these nasty chemicals out of your house and away from your families!

Make it a great day!

Ruqayyah

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Group Charity

Citizen Schools

Best after school

program in the US

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Bi-polar disorder

Find support

Yahoo! Groups

Dog Lovers Group

Connect and share with

dog owners like you

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment