Thursday, March 4, 2010

[mompowergroup] Digest Number 317

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

Messages

1.

Vicks, thank you, johnsons products - and the dreaded cradle cap

Posted by: "SUSAN HAKE" susanhake@btinternet.com   susanhake@btinternet.com

Wed Mar 3, 2010 11:29 am (PST)





thank you ladies for being so gracious  :). yes i really do have 10 children lol. I only have 7 at home now as the eldest 3 have married, left home and given us a grandchild each. I have to say that even with so many children I still have much to learn as things change and every child is different.
Someone mentioned that Johnsons products contain formaldahyde. I'm wondering what other doubious delights they contain :( .
Does anyone have a good ( pref natural) remedee for cradle cap? I have used the shampoo but as soon as I stop it comes back worse than it was before. None of my others have ever had it so badly or for so long. I did think of trying olive oil??
Sue
2.

RE: 

Posted by: "Trisha Philippe" musiclover620@yahoo.com   musiclover620

Wed Mar 3, 2010 12:00 pm (PST)



"Vicks is far from the only product on the market that is not good for our children that we use everyday. There are tons of stuff we take for granted, such as toothpaste. My son has canker sores and his doctor told me to change toothpaste to a natural toothpaste because the SLS and triclosan can make canker sores worse. He also told me it would be difficult to find toothpaste without it. I started doing research and learned a lot after that. Such as Johnson and Johnson Baby shampoo has Formaldehyde. Apparently the companies are not required to disclose all ingredients."
 
Whoever wrote this, please reply with some websites you found.  I'm very interested in what you found out about baby products.  I'm sure we all know most things are unhealthy, in a sense, but I'd like to know more.
Trisha P.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Mental Health

Learn More

Group Charity

California Pet

Rescue: Furry

Friends Rescue

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment