Tuesday, March 16, 2010

[Everything doTERRA] Accute Diverticulitis


Ok, everyone. I'm having a rough time here with my mom. Many of you got to meet her at the convention in November, and she is almost 81 and still working. Has been the picture of health until about 3 and a half weeks ago. Well, She ended up in the hospital for a week because of severe pains in her gut. She is very careful about taking the oils internally (in the medical field and still not sure). Anyway, we started her with peppermint in her water, she couldn't stand the digestzen, the smell or the taste. So put peppermint and lavender on her stomnach for the pain. (says that really helps..yay). Anway, things have gotten worse since she got out of the hospital two weeks ago. Poor thing, she can't keep anything in her gut. Everything goes right through...but no wonder, the dr. put her on a strict clear liquid diet. I asked the dr if we could juice for her...he said yes...I did, and it went right through her. She is consuming beef broth, chicken broth, jellow, popscicles, and then all the antibiotics...two of them..yeah, no wonder, right? I took the doterra probiotics in to the dr, and he said they looked good, he was going to put her on some anyway...this was yesterday...go figure. I asked a week ago...he said she didn't need that right now(a week ago)...Then I got her some Keifer last week to take a littlte bit every day cause it was liquid. That went right through. The carrott and apple juicing went right through, and one hour after she took the probiotic, she had the runs again. I even tried pedialyte and ensure to get some nutrition in her. The doctor thought it might be a bowel obstruction, but just put her on a more heavier antibotic. She has been dizzy from that. Started it last night. So she has been in the bathroom every 20 to 30 min. all day. I am livid with this dr. I told her to call him, call the gastrointerologist(appointment not till Fri) and ask for IV nutrition. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? I am at a lost, and I see my mom wasting away. She has lost 6 lbs this week alone, not to mention the 10 in the hospital and the 6 last week. HELP! I appreciate anything you all might have to offer. Thank you in advance.
Jan in Florida

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment