Friday, January 27, 2012

Re: Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Bipolar Disorder - Personal Experience - Oils used featured at the

I agree We are our hormones and I don't think we really are even close to 100% at diagnosing and thats why we have to start with getting rid of processed foods, junk, soda, do some cleanses and start the LLV and then look at our symptoms and then we can get a better picture of what we are dealing with and how to treat.

On , Ginny Eiseman <ginny@kpunet.net> wrote:
>    Just have to comment here. First I should explain my husband has a psychology degree although when he went into his masters program he decided he didn't want to be a clinical psychologist so he went down another path. Psychology remains a passion of his and bi-polar is a hot button for him so we talk about it a lot, as one of my friends is bi-polar.
>
>    First, 1% of the population is bi-polar. It is a very rare disorder despite the modern trend of over diagnosing. It is very frustrating to me to watch this. Its like they don't know what is wrong so they feel they have to put you in a box. If you read the description of bipolar it describes most women while on PMS. The key difference and I'll try my best to explain it based on my observations is the frantic uncontrollable aspect of it. If you've ever seen the youtube video where they give spider a controlled substance and it starts frantically building a web and the web is a disaster and it just frantically builds until it collapses into a quivering heap. That is kind of what the manic is like. Then on top of that if you look in the persons eyes they look almost scared, like please help me I can't stop. Its not uncommon to see tears running down their face in helplessness. Then when they collapse, frequently sobbing, rocking back and forth and inconsolable. When they finally sleep they frequently wake up in a deep depression. It is without question one of the most heartbreaking things to watch.
>
>    One thing I should mention after having a conversation with my doctor is that Lyme disease can cause bipolar disorder. So that is something to be aware of. Diagnosing Lyme is very difficult so if you get a test result always ask for a copy of the results and compare them to some of the articles on ilads.org
>
>    From what Heather describes it sounds very much hormone related. I know we all hate to to hear that but it is a fact. It is also very much genetic and made worse by our environment, all of the chemicals, added hormones, toxins and prescription drugs amplify it. A couple things to consider - do a GX/PB Assist cleanse, take LLV, Phytoestrogen, Solace, use Balance, Peaceful Child Bend or Vetiver. Eliminate refined foods, white flour and sugar from your diet and eat as much organic as you can. If you have insurance try and find a psychologist with a doctorate that specializes in therapy and not drugs and try and learn what you are dealing with and coping skills to deal with it. If it is an option, a neurotransmitter test might be in order. If it comes back low in serotonin add 100 mg of 5HTP instead of chemically inducing increased serotonin. (Note - do not take 5HTP with any anti-depressant or anti-anxiety meds). Watch Laura Jacobs video on My Chemistry Made Me Do It.
>
>    Its just my opinion but I think there are some serious things going on with women's hormones and they've only been getting worse as time goes on.
>
>    My only comment about medication is, if you are helping someone that is bipolar and they want to go off their meds do not do it cold turkey. It can be very dangerous to do so depending on the meds and there is a high risk of suicide.
>
>    Those that have shared your bipolar stories, thank you very much for sharing. I can't imagine how hard it is to do so. Please don't think for a second that I question your diagnosis at all. My intention is to point out how rare it is and there are many other things that can cause similar symptoms. As an example, one of my daughters has anxiety issues. She and some of her friends got together and did some research, they read the symptoms and she convinced herself she had it. So did one of her other friends. She started seeing a psychologist for about 8 months who said she did not have it. The psychologist moved and she saw another one and after 2 sessions that psychologist said she was bipolar. We promptly made an appointment with a psychiatrist who evaluated her and she she absolutely was not bipolar, she has general anxiety disorder. I should add she was 14 and  bipolar typically but not always presents in late teens to early adulthood.
>
> gin
>
>
>
> On 1/27/2012 8:04 AM, heather gunnerson wrote:
>
>
> this is amazing!!  thank you for sharing.  i have never been
>
> diagnosed; but am pretty sure bipolar explains me.  I believe all the
>
> women in my family are. my mom, aunts, grandma, great aunts etc....
>
> I used to think I "learned" the behavoir from my mother.  this helps
>
> to explain to me that it is physical not all me or all emotional.  my
>
> husband always asks me whats wrong, are you going to start your
>
> period, did you have a bad day.  He is trying to help; but i just say
>
> "it's not always my fault"
>
> the thing i am wondering about; i am not trying to justify it at all;
>
> I just feel like my emotions create this problem.  if i pin point the
>
> problem then i will be able to correct it. My problem is that i spend
>
> money like crazy!  I feel like i don't have any control sometimes.
>
> Not sure if this is linked to depression or bipolar or not.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
>
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>
> For more options, visit this group at
>
> http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment